What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Revs ok, doesn't scream. Have infact just got it back from being serviced. They inspected clutch and said it was fine. Pulls well through large cuts... New clutch springs then and thorough clean?:confused1:

I would take it back to the service agent and ask him to take a look at it again. If it came back to me and I had missed it then I would charge for the springs and probably pass on the labour - that is if that is the only fault!

The MS200 is complete and running well.

The MS660 that came in late last Tuesday now has a new crank, mains and piston so complete rebuild and was up and running Saturday evening. Not bad for four days:thumbup:

The owner was a bit concerned about getting it back so pulled out a few stops and good parts suppliers was the other key factor.

He should be happy:thumbup:

Been working on a 346XP, the question was "is it worth fixing"? My response, of course it is as they are damn good saws. Stripped it down, badly seized piston, found a split manifold on the impulse nipple and a leaking seal on the clutch side. The froth around the seal is soapy water used with the crankcase under pressure.

Replaced the piston with a Meteor one, the cylinder came up really well and made over 180psi with the base gasket dropped, new manifold and seal fitted, perfect vac and pressure tests - all good and a decent repair for around 1/3rd of the cost of a new saw.

597670f772866_346XPSeizedPiston.jpg.457f1ac83247c68a718f6145b90b5174.jpg

597670f7748ed_346XPmanifold.jpg.ef5095ff028e76fe9735c091e031d5f1.jpg

597670f77620d_346XPleakingmanifold.jpg.a3c9a53f141679cd701331caf2bed8c0.jpg

Reckon it is time for a pic:thumbup: the driver looks about right with the one I have!

I know the carb isn't this one but do the limiters look like the ones in this pic?

usedpics1_055_large.jpg?v=1367948210

Hello spud, I've had a look and they are the same as this. I pushed the spring loaded bit in with a dentist tool and the screw could then be turned. I have ordered the tool for adjusting easily, from what I could see it is a 21 toothed spline, not a seven, does that sound about right? How much would it be for you to get me an exhaust and do a mod on it and then post it to me?

7 splines sounds like they just pick up on seven points of the spline rather than all of them so probably both would work.

On the muffler, are you looking at aftermarket or OEM and looking at opening up the existing hole or letting in a new outlet pipe?

Hi spud,

got a makita 4 stroke leaf blower with carb troubles, suspect some dirt got through well old and knackered looking felt type filter. Does run but rough. Had carb to bits 4 times now and cleaned as best i can, carb cleaner etc. Now giving up! its a walbro wyk 260 carb. Would it be as simple as finding a new carb for sale (makita want arm - leg and other organs), cant find anywhere else easily it seems. or send you the carb for a look see?

Hi spud,

got a makita 4 stroke leaf blower with carb troubles, suspect some dirt got through well old and knackered looking felt type filter. Does run but rough. Had carb to bits 4 times now and cleaned as best i can, carb cleaner etc. Now giving up! its a walbro wyk 260 carb. Would it be as simple as finding a new carb for sale (makita want arm - leg and other organs), cant find anywhere else easily it seems. or send you the carb for a look see?

If the carb has been strpped and cleaned then it may be other issues with the engine rather than the carb!

Valve clearances, carbon, poor compression or leaking valves are a few pointers!