What's on your bench today?

spudulike

It has been seized but made 170psi compression. I reckon I could get it going but probably not worth it TBH! The plastic looks OK and the parts on it are OK.

You would have got £50 on ebay as a non runner.....what are people like:001_rolleyes:

To be fair with the stress I've had getting my saw back together and running with no leaks it's taken all my self control not to fling it into a ditch as well, so I can see how it's done!

To be fair with the stress I've had getting my saw back together and running with no leaks it's taken all my self control not to fling it into a ditch as well, so I can see how it's done!

And that is why most send their saws to someone that can sort them out doing what they do best letting you do what you do best.....just hope it isn't saw repair:blushing::lol:

And that is why most send their saws to someone that can sort them out doing what they do best letting you do what you do best.....just hope it isn't saw repair:blushing::lol:

I'll persevere and I'll get there in the end :blushing: When it's all sorted if I've got some spare cash at some point I might send it your way for a bit more power if you think there's anything you could do with it!

I'll persevere and I'll get there in the end :blushing: When it's all sorted if I've got some spare cash at some point I might send it your way for a bit more power if you think there's anything you could do with it!

I get all sorts in and TBH, some are non runners but become runners during the porting process as it includes a good refurb as there is no point in porting something that doesn't run or porting something that leaks air or has fuel issues!

Good luck with the project!

it's a really simple one but don't know if i'm just feeling a bit thick after a month of deep water scrub clearance my chain brake went on my ms 200 got a new brake band and noticed that the link pin between the handle and the mechanism was also broken so got a new one of them. Every time i get ti assembled the pin wants to pull itself up and out of the hole it sits in the side cover and i can't get plastic to sit on correctly so i can trap it in there is there a knack to it or is it just a whole bunch of swearing till it finally fits...

help please

it's a really simple one but don't know if i'm just feeling a bit thick after a month of deep water scrub clearance my chain brake went on my ms 200 got a new brake band and noticed that the link pin between the handle and the mechanism was also broken so got a new one of them. Every time i get ti assembled the pin wants to pull itself up and out of the hole it sits in the side cover and i can't get plastic to sit on correctly so i can trap it in there is there a knack to it or is it just a whole bunch of swearing till it finally fits...

help please

The link rod is usually an interference fit in to the plastic housing. It sounds like your plastic housing has worn in this area so would degrease the seat and use some epoxy resin around the area to seat it.

Once the internal cover is on, the part is held in place.

The link rod is usually an interference fit in to the plastic housing. It sounds like your plastic housing has worn in this area so would degrease the seat and use some epoxy resin around the area to seat it.

Once the internal cover is on, the part is held in place.

awesome i was beginning to think that it must be something like that i'll get out the sticky stuff tomorrow

awesome i was beginning to think that it must be something like that i'll get out the sticky stuff tomorrow

If you have not already tried it then make sure the chain brake lever is in the engaged position whilst assembling, as the spring has less pressure then, and the link should remain in place with just a little help from a thin screwdriver while fitting the inner cover. Then put finger pressure on the cover whilst the screws are inserted.

Can anyone recomened a cheap place to get a starter motor armature? and how to get the right one? I cant see any part numbers scribed on the old one.

Everything else on the start is fine, it spins, i think the valves got out of adjustment and snapped the shaft.