What's on your bench today?

spudulike

No it's not Dave's, it's just a bit bigger lol.

Yes Barrie I guess it could, but just havent had the time, as soon as a tool gets put away I need it straight away.

So not much point, and so far as soon as one vehicle has gone another is rolling or tracking its way in...... Not even had the time to do any saws, been turning them away. Unless spud wants me to give his email so they can send them his way!

!

No it's not Dave's, it's just a bit bigger lol.

Yes Barrie I guess it could, but just havent had the time, as soon as a tool gets put away I need it straight away.

So not much point, and so far as soon as one vehicle has gone another is rolling or tracking its way in...... Not even had the time to do any saws, been turning them away. Unless spud wants me to give his email so they can send them his way!

!

Sorry Rich, got too much on here as well:001_rolleyes: 353XP on the bench, very boggy, no high revs. Traced it back to a fuel pipe tear where it enters the fuel tank - repalced it along with a missing breather pipe and all good!

Ive done about 3 newish (2009-2010 ish) saws all with the same issue albeit the 210/230/250 range.

As a matter of interest does the 180 have a sort of integral built in small end for want of better words? IE you cant swap the bearing as its part of the con rod/crank?

The earlier ones never had this or any common issue with big end failure. Certainly on the 210-250 range the earlier crank with separate small end bearing is interchangeable with the revamped version.

the camshaft is one piece and as far as i know the bearings are not interchangeable because of this.

good to know that it does happen cos now i can do something about it :)

yes but.... IMO Aspen is ££££

Id much rather use a 2 stroke oil with stabiliser...

Am i completely deluded ?

But not as expensive as a crankcase.

Its the ethanol content of the petrol that causes the decomposition of plastics and alloys.

Stabilsers make some wide claims, but basically they are anti oxidants, they do not remove ethanol.

Hopefully this will be an easy one for you techies to diagnose.

Got an MS200T which when warm can be a bugger to start.

All seems good with it's running - revs out nice with good power, idles steady in hand and on the strop but stop it for more than 20 seconds between cuts and you have to choke to to restart.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk