What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Bit of a 200t niggle that has been bugging me a little bit.

I've had a few (almost all) 200t saws with the half choke not working. Now I know this is because of the plastic trigger. So a question. Has anyone every thought of having a metal trigger made up for them.

I'm thinking of visiting my local fabricator with a trigger and seeing if they could cast one up. I know this would also wear the white part of the linkage away. But am I just goin crazy? And is it really worth it for a 3 quid part.

Short answer...NO:001_rolleyes::lol:

Whats the point - most people overcome it by holding the throttle open and pulling the saw over hard - I, like you, replace the part and as you say....£3 - get over it, just fit the new part - they do last years in most cases!

After reading through the "Got kickback for a saw" thread, does anyone know what the fix is for the jelly chainbrake issues with the 660 & 441 ?

Buying husqvarna chainsaws, make the hand guard out of metal, move the exhaust outlet?

All said and done, stihl haven't addressed these problems, there is no cure

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Buying husqvarna chainsaws, make the hand guard out of metal, move the exhaust outlet?

Yeah, these are two that were purchased before I had seen the light.

Have considered selling the 660 and getting a big Husqy

I really do not get it.

I do think Stihl is getting a bit too much stick over current issues, sure, they do seem to have made some bloopers recently, but even though I am not a main Stihl dealer I did hold their Pro products in high regard. (can not say this about their lower range stuff though, very poor in my opinion).

But I simply cannot understand how it can be so difficult for them to realise they have a problem with plastic handles that are too flexible and actually produce a stronger handle. Its hardly rocket science and they have had two years or more to sort it.:confused1:

They have had a few too many issues now, the 201t, the 261, the soft handles, the 4 mix engine and now the 661. I wonder if they can come back from this?

I really do not get it.

I do think Stihl is getting a bit too much stick over current issues, sure, they do seem to have made some bloopers recently, but even though I am not a main Stihl dealer I did hold their Pro products in high regard. (can not say this about their lower range stuff though, very poor in my opinion).

But I simply cannot understand how it can be so difficult for them to realise they have a problem with plastic handles that are too flexible and actually produce a stronger handle. Its hardly rocket science and they have had two years or more to sort it.:confused1:

They have had a few too many issues now, the 201t, the 261, the soft handles, the 4 mix engine and now the 661. I wonder if they can come back from this?

Some of the stihl stuff is awesome, I'm topping trees ATM with my 150t, it doesn't miss a beat, it's light and powerful, as is the likes of the 241, the quality of stihl is so inconsistent currently

Wolf man, have you tried Jon mendiplogs if you're selling the 660?

After reading through the "Got kickback for a saw" thread, does anyone know what the fix is for the jelly chainbrake issues with the 660 & 441 ?

The 441 isn't always the handle. It so the lug inside that holds the parts together. It will come lose and the ally around it breaks.

The 660, I would check the above first, but the exhaust can be an issue. But I have seen the fix for this with a surround on the out let. But this doesn't always work. A new outlet in the exhaust to divert the gasses away from the handle will work.

I don't really agree that they should use metal handles. Plastic or metal, so long as it works it's fine.

And with a metal handle who would really think they have a problem with the brake until it kicks and doesn't engage????

The 441 isn't always the handle. It so the lug inside that holds the parts together. It will come lose and the ally around it breaks.

The 660, I would check the above first, but the exhaust can be an issue. But I have seen the fix for this with a surround on the out let. But this doesn't always work. A new outlet in the exhaust to divert the gasses away from the handle will work.

I don't really agree that they should use metal handles. Plastic or metal, so long as it works it's fine.

And with a metal handle who would really think they have a problem with the brake until it kicks and doesn't engage????

Why would a metal handle change anything? The old swede-omatic husky brakes were metal, they just use plastic now for cost... and to preserve your arm and wrist