What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I've been looking for something like that to take to pieces and generally mess about with and I kicked myself the other day. I'd had an Oleo Mac in my ebay watching for a few days with no bids only about 10 miles from me and it finished at under £30 while I was outside in the garden. :( I will pay more attention next time and put a bid in early.

Latest one in, a big box containing a MS200T...............in bits:001_rolleyes:

It has two stripped threads on the exhaust and an oil leak on the crankcase.

The threads are now helicoiled and the leak.....it was caused by wood chip in the recoil cover screw hole nearest the lower AV mount punching a hole through to the oil tank.

I have degreased the area and put JB Weld around the area to seal it.

DSCF1320.jpg.f037e79076123f560f1a3aff7c18b346.jpg

DSCF1317.jpg.bcb44236df7c120e62e6a0588ca8635d.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg.4dfeaee2ab1e51c7c969d24f057a8d93.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg.56b698fc6eda92020a6ad9c0c3ffd499.jpg

Last job of the day was a 361 not pumping oil. it came in a the beginning of the week and a quick look showed the normal problem.

The needle bearing had broken up but not been noticed, resulting in the drum tipping, taking out the clutch retaining clips and the oil pump drive and pump.

Ordered up all the bits and fitted them this afternoon, ran it up and... no oil.

Took the bits off again and this time had a proper look. The metal fragment from the broken clutch clips had also ground away the crankcase, exposing the oilway between the pump and the bar hole. I should have seen it the first time, how I missed I will never know.

Anyway, I think I can mend it with a bit of 3/16 kunifer bonded in. Otherwise it is a new crankcase half. Job for the morning.

You can see the hole where I have shoved a red straw down it.

P1000539.JPG.bd69f5bad1e415c825d61ff853feb732.JPG

and in the second pick I have pushed the kunifer in to see if it fits.

P1000541.JPG.b06869a484dc7e4f33f643c1380b4399.JPG

Back to the MS650 I had in for a service and had a dodgy oiler, I found this saw to be one of those ex British Alcan saws used for cutting ally billets:thumbdown:

The oiler has been replaced as has the pinion, clutch springs and the clutch side crank seal - got to run it up and tached it. Afterwards it wouldn't start and compression was iffy, it had measured 150 and in 10 minutes of running had dropped to 120psi:thumbdown:

Pulled the cylinder and the reason is pretty clear - very bad wear on the plating - right through to the aluminium on both ports.

A new OEM P&C kit is out of the question so will fit a new aftermarket with OEM rings and circlips and check out the cylinder thoroughly before fitting it to make sure it has a good chance of lasting.

This has been a bitch of a saw to fix:001_rolleyes::lol:

Piston.jpg.c7942a9c30b32e3f3860f5ee1a13ad02.jpg

Inlet.jpg.0165b8da5fab81612e3c5bc22d8b2882.jpg

Exhaust.jpg.dd190e11a1d46c1d163b63c63f8ab93f.jpg