What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Its very clean and well looked after. And I've got to say. It is a nice saw. Bit like he one I had in recently. That was heavy but cut nice with plenty of grunt.

I don't mine husky but will always pick up a stihl given the choice. Plus there hedgecutters are amazing.

Oh and the 266 (think it was) didn't have heated handles.

Old Huskys are called SE for standard and SG have heated handles, later ones are XP for Xtra power or Pro saws and XPG have heated handles.

If yours had an SG recoil cover, it must have been from another saw!

Whats going on? Service work is normally pretty quiet at this time of year, but these have all come in the past few days, not to mention many saws, brushcutters and hedgecutters. Not many pedestrian mowers though.

[ATTACH]129284[/ATTACH]

You should be able to retire soon Barrie, what with that lot! I guess the grass cutting season has been extended down to the weather and is only just now slowing down.

Don't knock it - all good for business:thumbup:

Yet another MS200T in for a refurb and port - came in running but lacking power in the cut.

Got most of the work done, carb has been thoroughly cleaned under heat and ultrasonics, done one fix that can stop issues and will see how it performs once back together.

Also have a MS341....yes Rich, I know it is a Stihl:001_rolleyes: don't get too excited:lol::lol: It is in for porting and a muffler mod. Squish is about as low as it should be from standard so no gain here.

Construction is pretty standard - no strato ports etc so a fairly straight forward tune I hope - first one I have done - the muffler is sealed but reckon a large front exit pipe and enlarging the holes in the baffle plate will get it going a bit plus the porting will increase breathing a little!

A saw that has been started a week ago or under should start on 3-5 pulls, more is too many IMO. A saw that has stood for a few months may be closer to 8 - 12 pulls only because fuel needs to be pulled through.

Anothers problem now :001_rolleyes:

Hi spud I have 3 x 357xp bought new and each one needs 7 pulls with choke out to fire then 3 choke in to run had them 3 plus years now running no problems question is they have never been tuned since new do they need adjusted form factory settings

Hi spud I have 3 x 357xp bought new and each one needs 7 pulls with choke out to fire then 3 choke in to run had them 3 plus years now running no problems question is they have never been tuned since new do they need adjusted form factory settings

The top end mix can be a bit fat from the factory from new to let the piston bed in, your saws would be worth retuning IMO