What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Its a zama carb fitted.

Yeah spud its one of those silly rubber breather things, ive ordered a couple as the oil tank uses the same one. I will pull the saw over 10-12 times and see what the plugs like but my suspicions are it will be dry. Good suggestion, hadn't thought of checking that doh....

Including replys to Mr.Spudders and Rich to lol.

Spud the chokes definetly working as it should. It has a new 180 carb on it about 12 mths ago so is adjustable with l and h screws.

Fuel line was replaced about 6 months ago with an oe part along with filter when I did a quicky service xmas time so not thinking its likely to be that.

So process of eliminatation appears to be possible inlet manifold replacement, hence mentioning plug colour is good it could still have a bit of an air leak around the impulse part of it somehow? Its still the original and I know its a 2006 saw. (know in my possession to fiddle with)

IS it worth replacing tank vent at the same time as Rich mentioned? Doesn't ever seem to be gassy when you take the cap off?

Just wandered about needle height that if the needle wasn't sealing it may allow fuel to run back down into the tank somehow but it runs fine once its started in all fairness.

Is there a white plastic sleeve part - 1130 141 1800 pushed in to the manifold where the carb pushes up against - I have had one in with it missing - ran like a bag of poop:thumbdown: it has a built in impulse line restrictor!

Is there a white plastic sleeve part - 1130 141 1800 pushed in to the manifold where the carb pushes up against - I have had one in with it missing - ran like a bag of poop:thumbdown: it has a built in impulse line restrictor!

Not had it apart yet but that's a bit I ordered along with the ring (1130 022 2000) and inlet manifold.

At 44p its not worth debating and just putting a new one in. :sneaky2:

This week I have rebuilt one MS200T with the only mod being a dropped base gasket and the other was a full port, muffler mod and a few other tweaks.

Thought I would run one against the other with the same bar and see what the difference was - the ported one pulls 11 secs on two cuts and the non ported 13.5secs. Around 20% difference and happy with the results - you can really tell the difference on the recoil handle once modified:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUlzZ1WIcy0]Refurbished MS200T Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_MC5VqbJw]Ported MS200T Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

This week I have rebuilt one MS200T with the only mod being a dropped base gasket and the other was a full port, muffler mod and a few other tweaks.

Thought I would run one against the other with the same bar and see what the difference was - the ported one pulls 11 secs on two cuts and the non ported 13.5secs. Around 20% difference and happy with the results - you can really tell the difference on the recoil handle once modified:thumbup:

looks like my 200t is back working again :thumbup: just lemme know the account details and how much ill get it paid for steve :thumbup1:

I've got to say that the first time I tweaked a 200t it scared the poo out of me. Was grinning from ear to ear. Nice job Steve.