What's on your bench today?

spudulike

A 034 will be appearing on the bench at some point.

Runs ok from cold. Get about ten minutes in and it stalls, starts to loose power then won't rev up. Then dies and won't start again. Don't think it's fuel as you can smell it from exhaust after trying to start for ages. Let the diagnosis begin.

I would start with compression, it may be lacking compression when warm causing the issues. Worth also checking the tank vent is clear - you could try loosening the tank cap when it doesn't start.

My dosh is on low compression!

The KM100 is still pretty ropey, not feeling the love of the four mix Stihls, tryinng to try another carb now!

Below is a pile of......stuff that I will be wading in to over the next few days, hope to get a few runners out of this lot, all are for one customer so are not for sale before anyone asks:001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

The first one out of the bag runs....badly, wont rev up at all well, great compression at 160psi:thumbup: Just stripping it down for clean, inspection, checks and reassembly. The fault is a possible airleak or a dodgy carb but confident it will make a good machine when done! This is the sort of thing I do - pick up where others would run a mile:thumbup:

P1050086.jpg.91294c805d9ccc745b0ed80f65e64810.jpg

A 034 will be appearing on the bench at some point.

Runs ok from cold. Get about ten minutes in and it stalls, starts to loose power then won't rev up. Then dies and won't start again. Don't think it's fuel as you can smell it from exhaust after trying to start for ages. Let the diagnosis begin.

Coil. My little 180 did exactly the same.