What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just finished the muffler mod on the 357XP, it is the shotgun outlet that looks quite nice IMO, fired up the saw and wow - loud indoors, very responsive on the throttle and 190psi compression measured but expect this to drop to 180psi once the oil in the bore has burnt off.

Idle is fine - this is just on factory settings at the moment - just need to put the clutch etc on the saw - came up pretty clean in the end and looks and sounds great.

Getting near the 30K views mark on this thread - must be doing something right:thumbup:

597660543d6f3_Cleanedandcomplete.JPG.345af2c372bd4930476cc51b5d7456b9.JPG

5976605438e68_ShotgunMuffler.JPG.f77e0a1d3b90bcbebc9f4b3fe044b984.JPG

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all contributors to this thread - been very interesting and informative for a newby amateur like me :thumbup:

Just by way of a little diversion that may be of interest to the engineering types here, heres a little something I was sent a while ago from a collegue..........

and no, this is definitely not on my bench

59766054346df_weeengine.gif.237f896575dbc9bab1414075a27be456.gif

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all contributors to this thread - been very interesting and informative for a newby amateur like me :thumbup:

Just by way of a little diversion that may be of interest to the engineering types here, heres a little something I was sent a while ago from a collegue..........

and no, this is definitely not on my bench

[ATTACH]90669[/ATTACH]

That must be an engine out of a ship?

spud, any ideas why the 357 seem to leak oil even when not running, i have stripped mine down and cant find a fault and seems to be a common problem from my experience anyway

I have seen the chain adjuster wear a hole in the side of the oil tank before - I thoroughly cleaned the area and repaired with JB weld. Other than that, it may be the compression fit of the oil pipe between the crank case and the stainless cover - is the small foam pad still on the top of the pipe union?