What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Was asked to take a look at this husky 135 as the chain brake wasn't working, its not very old and seen little use, I took it apart thinking the band had snapped but instead found this. The three plastic studs on the handle have worn and the metal brake linkage skips over instead of being engaged.

is it just a poor design, heavy handed use of the lever, or something else

Cack handed operator I'd say agreeing with Spud. I've had mine for ages with no problem. You can't blame everything that goes wrong on bad design of something. When something is deemed foolproof they just come up with a better class of fool.

The old McCulloch 1-40 is loosing its covers one by one, the crank seal on the flywheel side is shot so have got that out and one on order. A new carb kit and recoil spring on order, found out quite a bit about how to make them go a bit faster so the exhaust port will be drilled and the head gasket (yup - it has a removable cylinder head) will be removed and the squish measured to see if the compression can be upped some:thumbup:

The only issue I have is the quantity of customers saws I have stacked up for repair - looks like yet another busy week ahead!

My 036 is proving to be a nightmare. New crank seals, new piston, pot cleaned up. Put it back together and first pull it fired.

Ran it lightly idling for maybe, 10 minutes or so, nothing heavy. Took the top off and my new piston is scored on the exhaust side. Gutted. Anyone fancy having a go at pressure testing for me? I don't have the kit and until I decide to go full time fixing I can't afford the kit.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

When takin the hedge trimmer head off my engine unit today (long reach trimmer) the plastic bush came out of the end of the tube and wont go back in? I'll get a new one if possible but how does it fit?

Also my extendable pole pruner shaft siezed up today the little bearings inside the extendable shaft have seized solid. Well one has so may aswell change all 3!

Still had a cracking day mind :D

All I know is a whole assembly for a extendable pole saw is £230 roughly. Must be press fit? Bit of persuasion?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I tried allsorts lol was still 5mm stuck out so to get on i cut 5mm off other end and shoved it back in :lol: