What's on your bench today?

spudulike

image.jpg.3b34065848e01f66363d46c3cd38997b.jpg and this both straight fuelled :thumbdown:

A roofers saws... told the owner when he dropped them off I said these haven't had 2stroke in them have they? No the boys just fill them with petrol.....but ive bought 2 new 1s, are they mixing the fuel properly for them? I don't know 🙈

Surrounded by nutters 😆:laugh1:

Pic for Steve [ATTACH]194680[/ATTACH]

Doesn't look bad, whats the piston like? It should clean up without an issue:thumbup:

Just noticed that big chip in the ceiling of the exhaust port, may need smoothing or you may be able to recut and bevel it then drop the base gasket as long as you have enough squish available!

Edited by spudulike

[ATTACH]194683[/ATTACH] and this both straight fuelled :thumbdown:

A roofers saws... told the owner when he dropped them off I said these haven't had 2stroke in them have they? No the boys just fill them with petrol.....but ive bought 2 new 1s, are they mixing the fuel properly for them? I don't know 🙈

Surrounded by nutters 😆:laugh1:

Nice big yellow sticker saying 50:1 mix:001_rolleyes:

Ok Steve this goes against probably every thing you have advised me ! Worked the bruise on the cylinder wall with 260 then finished with 400 and slightly removed the lip barely half a MM I would of thought to even the lump out at the top of the exhaust port... Whilst I was there filed the plastic fuel inlet wider so it matched the cylinder... Is it doomed !!! Or can I get the dremel out and go to town ;)

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1449439301.492785.jpg.5c0e374695ed48eef6f73ec276dd02ca.jpg

Ok Steve this goes against probably every thing you have advised me ! Worked the bruise on the cylinder wall with 260 then finished with 400 and slightly removed the lip barely half a MM I would of thought to even the lump out at the top of the exhaust port... Whilst I was there filed the plastic fuel inlet wider so it matched the cylinder... Is it doomed !!! Or can I get the dremel out and go to town ;)

[ATTACH]194722[/ATTACH]

Mat, I would get the new piston, slide it up the bore and make sure it slides over this damage unhindered and smoothly. If it is notchy or tight then rework it again.

If you raise that port by a mm, you will alter the powerband and you will risk lowering the compression and making a gutless wonder that peaks at an unachievable rpm.

Don't assume porting is just grabbing a dremmel and grinding the ports out a bit. There are limitations due to piston skirts and ring ends plus known maximum port size. Get these wrong and you may free port or snag a ring:thumbdown:

If you havent done this before and know nothing about putting a decent bevel on port edges, just leave it as it is and just learn that sticking things in ports to remove clutches isn't clever!

I hope it goes back together and works:thumbup: