What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Div_h

Yeah like spud says it has the later ms260 carb on it. The later 026 still had the same top carb plate but the screws bind the casing in that adjustment screw area which is why its prob had a slight mod.

You may also find when all fitted up the l/h screws may be slightly behind those divider things in the slot and can be a bit of b*gger to adjust. You may find whilst its apart to check as Ive filed the dividers out in the past with some carbs to make adjustment easier/sensible so you can get a screwdriver straight on them.

Easier to double check it now before bolting it all back together and finding the issue.

Like this [ATTACH]179564[/ATTACH]

Yeah :001_huh:

I couldn't leave it in that state tho. Looks like its been hit with a rather harsh file or rasp! Would have to tidy that up with a finer file!

The other thing is the tickover screw may also project into the hole once up running and set up. Doesn't hurt but if it needs stripping in the future you may have to wind it in a few turns to allow it to come out and not foul the case.

Just take your time with that nice shiney piston fitting and don't force anything etc and if you get stressed walk away!! They are straight forward.

Make sure you put the rings on the right way up btw. It will be obvious when you look at them and the way the peg is in the piston. Sorry if you already know etc but if you haven't done many people forget and you wont be the first one to break a ring attempting to fit it upside down :thumbup1:

Yeah :001_huh:

I couldn't leave it in that state tho. Looks like its been hit with a rather harsh file or rasp! Would have to tidy that up with a finer file!

The other thing is the tickover screw may also project into the hole once up running and set up. Doesn't hurt but if it needs stripping in the future you may have to wind it in a few turns to allow it to come out and not foul the case.

Just take your time with that nice shiney piston fitting and don't force anything etc and if you get stressed walk away!! They are straight forward.

Make sure you put the rings on the right way up btw. It will be obvious when you look at them and the way the peg is in the piston. Sorry if you already know etc but if you haven't done many people forget and you wont be the first one to break a ring attempting to fit it upside down :thumbup1:

Thanks a lot 👍 just waiting on a few bits to turn up then I will crack on with it :thumbup:

I'm currently putting my saw back together and I'm missing a washer but found this in my box of tricks from my old 026 but it doesn't say TOP on it ands it's an aftermarket thing, just not sure if it's any use image.jpg.8bec9971b782117e36baa6c889a6b8cf.jpg

I'm currently putting my saw back together and I'm missing a washer but found this in my box of tricks from my old 026 but it doesn't say TOP on it ands it's an aftermarket thing, just not sure if it's any use [ATTACH]179773[/ATTACH]

Which washer? The large disc that sits behind the clutch itself as that should be marked "top"

Most of the 0** saws never even used them but when they went to ms*** they did for some reason.

The outer curved edge should face towards the clutch btw. If the central hole fits the crank and the outer is as big or a fraction bigger than the clutch use it but I wouldn't worry if you use it or not as like I say earlier series saws never had them anyway.

Hey Steve what is the standard carb settings on an 088 ?? It says on the filter cover 1/2 turn high 1/4 low and it sounds like it will blow up on these @ around 1 turn each though it sounds spot as usual, so what's up with the filter cover directions?