What's on your bench today?

spudulike

As you can see Steve, even though the older number was ordered, the newer one arrived, so all is good after all. It did not arrive until about 4:30, so will be posted on tomorrow.

Thats fine Barrie, I think I have a buyer for it, just got to fit this part, sharpen it and re-grease the gearbox. Already given it a clean and cleared the carbon out of the exhaust port!:thumbup:

PM me the final cost - that part number is a right ol cracker......who would be a repair man:lol:

Stihl 051av giving me much greif :thumbdown:

Got the saw as non runner. Impulse pipe split, removed cylinder and some of the coating had gone a miss!

Fitted new after market cylinder, stihl piston and rings, new fuel and impulse hose, new manifold and exhaust gaskets, just today fitted new carb kit.

The saws a pig! Did have it running a few weeks ago would start and run, stop then restart, and was fine (ish) carb didnt feel set properly when tried cutting. Turn it off and wouldnt start again. Seems to flood a lot. Sometimes it will run for 30 secs or so then just cuts out. Got it started today (after a lot of flooding and messing about!) and it sounded very good.... then just cut out after 30 seconds or so :thumbdown:

This is the last project for me! (one that i buy in anyhow!!!!!)

Anyone help?

Metering arm looks set fine, carb settings as manufacturers state, seems to have a nice blue spark

im in too deep without a paddle :blushing:

I've had a similar problem, was leaking out the decompression valve area, plastered it in chemical metal to sort it. Failing that, is it running too lean and causing the carb limiter to flood the engine?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

394 seized, had the new piston to fit! Firstly, it's so damn tight in the air box that the carb is a nightmare to disconnect, second, how do I get the bloody muffler off? Finally, wtf were husky thinking with a 3/16 Allen?!

Anyone help little old me with the 051 dilemma? :blushing:

I had an 025 that behaved in a very similar way, eventually worked out the coil was weak even though the spark looked good. Close the plug gap a little and see if things improve. What does the plug look like when it cuts out?

ok. ms260.

in the crank case there is what appears to be a black grease/oil substance. it is black around the casing. bit like an old oil has been used and its a bit sticky/slimy.

if that makes sense. and no its not chain oil.

ok. ms260.

in the crank case there is what appears to be a black grease/oil substance. it is black around the casing. bit like an old oil has been used and its a bit sticky/slimy.

if that makes sense. and no its not chain oil.

If it is a non runner it may be congealed old fuel and oil otherwise it may be a breach in the crank gasket or oil put in to the saw for storage???