Oh! look another 390xp thread........;-)

Adam Bourne

and really light too.

Thus sayeth He with Herculean Strength!

I find it too damn heavy despite being at the larger end of body size! :blushing:

Perhaps it's the 28" bar that tips it over the brink. I dunno but find the MS460 soooo much lighter and even with a 12cc deficit has enough grunt.

I find it too damn heavy despite being at the larger end of body size! :blushing:

Perhaps it's the 28" bar that tips it over the brink. I dunno but find the MS460 soooo much lighter and even with a 12cc deficit has enough grunt.

Oh come on mate.....put it this way. For years I have used nothing between a 60cc saw and the 088. Its a joy to be working with the 390 after that lump.:laugh1:

I borrowed a nirtually brand new 660 the other day while you had my 390, and although it was a very nice saw, I seemed to be filling it u with jiuce all the time. Either the tank is just way too small, or stihl have produced the thirstiest saw ever. Nice saw though, but I think i prefer the 390xp.

well of course its so much lighter...its in a completely different bracket! the stihl 660 is the 390 equivelant if we're looking at comparisons

Oh come on mate.....put it this way. For years I have used nothing between a 60cc saw and the 088. Its a joy to be working with the 390 after that lump.:laugh1:

I borrowed a nirtually brand new 660 the other day while you had my 390, and although it was a very nice saw, I seemed to be filling it u with jiuce all the time. Either the tank is just way too small, or stihl have produced the thirstiest saw ever. Nice saw though, but I think i prefer the 390xp.

I know I'm being a bit of a knob on this! Did think the 395XP was the oppo to the MS660 tho.

Totally agree that the 390 is a VERY smooth saw but I'm just too weak to use one!

I'm not even 10 stone and I can wield the 390 with a 28" bar on it!

Had one for 9 months. First Husky saw I've ever bought and it's a good un.

Air filter is ab superb - no fine dust in the inlet of the carb unlike some others, spark plug easy to get at, drives the 28" bar fine.

Hopefully it'll last a good while.