no clear up

Robert_S

couple of beech i done yesterday, one was wedged over, the other the canopy dropped as not to damage a mature beech in front of it work done for an estate and they do all the clear up (great), as you can see the reason for felling they are dead!!!,measured them on the ground first one 106 feet the second 85 feet sad to see old mature trees coming to the end, never mind back down to do more today hi ho hi ho its off to work i go....:001_smile:

Spalted beech is much desired by the wood turners

Yeh, they always want something different to what you`ve got though, a bit more, dont want all of it, a bit bigger, a bit smaller, a bit longer, will want it delivering for nowt or will pick it up when passing but never seem to do, etc, etc.:thumbdown: Log the lot in my opinion!:001_smile:

couple of beech i done yesterday, one was wedged over, the other the canopy dropped as not to damage a mature beech in front of it work done for an estate and they do all the clear up (great), as you can see the reason for felling they are dead!!!,measured them on the ground first one 106 feet the second 85 feet sad to see old mature trees coming to the end, never mind back down to do more today hi ho hi ho its off to work i go....:001_smile:

Did you have the trees checked for habitat / Bats...?

Yeh, they always want something different to what you`ve got though, a bit more, dont want all of it, a bit bigger, a bit smaller, a bit longer, will want it delivering for nowt or will pick it up when passing but never seem to do, etc, etc.:thumbdown: Log the lot in my opinion!:001_smile:

There will always be “messers” out there but there are good ones as well.

If you have a decent amount you can try these guys

http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/

They don’t pay much for the mundane but spalted beech does command a better price.

What did you do with the timber?

Spalted beech is much desired by the wood turners

im a wood turner n 2bh il turn with anything, not a fussy bugger at all lol but because i dont know very many arborists or anythin i dnt seem 2 find to much timber easily without going 2 dealers which can b very very costly specially wen i c a fancy foriegn timber that has a fancy colour 2 it :D

• 3 weeks later...