Gutted and desperate for help!

YoGi_93

He runs his own business, by the looks of it avery smoth and proffesional one.

Beechwood - Tree Surgery, Fencing, Landscaping in Coventry, Warwickshire, West Midlands.

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope you find a solution.

Simon does run a smooth operation, I reckon you could do a LOT worse than talk to him. From what little i have seen of Simon he is a great guy to work for and forward thinking too.:thumbup1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself to college mate.

Bar job at night, whatever graft you can pick up at weekends. There's 168 hours in a week. Use them.

Getting yourself through college is the smart move, you need to play the long game. No tickets and no experience doesn't make that you that desirable to most companies, so don't expect top dollar.

Harsh words for hard times, perhaps, but nothing much is easy in the real tree world.

Get stuck in and good luck!

Simon does run a smooth operation, I reckon you could do a LOT worse than talk to him. From what little i have seen of Simon he is a great guy to work for and forward thinking too.:thumbup1:

Best to ring the company and ask for him or send him a message on here? I cant help but think if I rang the company I would be ushered away. On here it seems like I have done a bit more research into everything, and its slightly more personal, if that makes sense?

All the pep talks on here have definatly raised my spirits :biggrin:

well he isnt answering his phone to me, but he knows how much a talk on the phone lol.:blushing:

Call, email, text. Its called initiative and persistance .:thumbup1:

The last guy I employed phoned and asked to meet me... I told him that there was no available work atm. He answered " How can you know, you haven't met me yet? (tongue in cheek)

Cheeky bugger!!! I asked him to come over in the afternoon... and got him a job cause he was eager, well funny and a hard grafter!:thumbup:

well he isnt answering his phone to me, but he knows how much a talk on the phone lol.:blushing:

Call, email, text. Its called initiative and persistance .:thumbup1:

Good point! Ill get on it :) So 'Mr Beechwood'? I just want to make sure, it seems obvious but it sounds even more stupid if I call him something that isnt even his name, great first impression that would make :001_huh:

personally knowing what i know now, if someone showed up at my yard with boots, ballistics and a hat and said, can i have a job please, just give me what you can they would need to pretty wierd and strange not to be told just to jump in the truck and get stuck in.

Make yourself employable.:001_smile:

Bit of a strange situation for me considering I dont have any Chainsaw qualies, but to be fair I might actually do something like that. Show up smart/casual and ask to sit and have a chat with him. What is the best time to catch him at the office? My day off is tomorrow so I might give him an email tonight and go in Tomorrow. Ask for him hopefully I wont get sifted and told to send an email or something.