MS201T. After all the hype was it worth it?

Gnarlyoak

12"

To be honest i cant really feel any difference. If there is any difference then it hasnt been enough for me to notice. I cant see why that would be any different with a 14" bar

apparently they sit more level with a 12 and drop forward a bit with the 14?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently they sit more level with a 12 and drop forward a bit with the 14?

well yes, i appreciate that, but i dont see why it would be any more different on the 201 than a 200 really......and even if it were, it would be down to a slight imbalance in the muscle memory of probably one of the smallest little muscles in your wrist, which would probably reset itself within a day or 2.

I think you really have to consider the fact that people in general just dont like change, and for the most part will find anything they can to criticize, almost to justify not moving forward.

Thats just my opinion though :001_smile:

well yes, i appreciate that, but i dont see why it would be any more different on the 201 than a 200 really......and even if it were, it would be down to a slight imbalance in the muscle memory of probably one of the smallest little muscles in your wrist, which would probably reset itself within a day or 2.

I think you really have to consider the fact that people in general just dont like change, and for the most part will find anything they can to criticize, almost to justify not moving forward.

Thats just my opinion though :001_smile:

ha! yes, that has some truth to it!

i asked why it would be different and there was speculation that the powerhead's seen some rearranging, hence slightly altering balance. i guess i'll have to try it to find out.

the 200 does seem to have been a good saw. and i know i kicked myself that i never picked up a new 440 while they were still for sale. back to that thing about change, hey...?!

201T out performs the 200T in my books. I'm back on Oregon chain now, I didn't like the guard links on the new Stihl. I've got a 14" bar on now and find its great on take downs, I haven't had a big saw up half as much as I usually do. Less vibration and longer between refils. I can't say I've noticed any difference at all in weight..although my mate found it very noticable. :thumbup1:

200t is far better,

I dropped my new 201t from 2ft other day and it smashed to pieces...so i throught the bar and new chain onto my 200t. the 200t is much more powerfull an was cutting through wood like butter. I have been using the 201t for couple months now and was suprised at how good the 200t is in compared to it.

also whats it this new size combi key about.? whats the point of that.

Stihl are will have us using battery operated chainsaws in 10 years time.

Another benefit is the 201 actually works out cheaper than 200!

201t all the way for me!

hey billy, just when a decision had been reached!

how is it cheaper? seems like 201 is £30 more to buy? all the best.

The 201t is sold as a complete saw with bar and fir 399+vat I think it was where as the 200 for 30 cheaper is just the power unit with no bar or chain, which will cost another £50 so the 201t works out cheaper

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.374141,0.481486

hey billy, just when a decision had been reached!

how is it cheaper? seems like 201 is £30 more to buy? all the best

The 201t is sold as a complete saw with bar and fir 399+vat I think it was where as the 200 for 30 cheaper is just the power unit with no bar or chain, which will cost another £50 so the 201t works out cheaper

---

I am here: Google Maps

depens who you buy it off, justins, 200t no bar £357.50, 201t no bar £370.50