MS201T. After all the hype was it worth it?

Gnarlyoak

So far i have seen many reviews on the 201 and it seems its about equal with bad and good reviews. I guess that if you are used to and like your 200 then that will be the saw for you until you cant buy them anymore, THEN you need to make a decision on the 201 OR the new husky. For me i love my 200 and will not even consider buying something different until i cant buy one anymore, it works exactly the way i expect it to and am used to. I have no reason to get something different. Husky top handles i will probably never even consider due to the previous bad experiences with them, the new one may be good but i will never know unless someone makes me try it.

I have a 200t and it works well, thats all that is important to me :thumbup1:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Have still got the choice of the 200 & 201 but have gone for the 201. Even though I hear from co's I work for the 201's lack in pick up speed & power maybe due to the set up to bring them into line with EU emissions reg's in the near future, I figure that if this is the case I will put up with it as we all did on the last change over from the ali cast saws of old that had loads of power (& weight). The main sway for me at least is that the less toxic fumes I breath in on a day to day basis, the better. If indeed this is the way the emissions thing works? Any one who can verify this theory please do so as i feel this is a step in the right direction bar going down the aspen fuel road which I hear voids warranty on saws?

• 4 months later...
Having used it now for around 4 months I have come to the conclusion that it is a stihl version of Microsoft vista. Hope they bring out their version of windows 7 soon. (even if I am a test dummy with less £):sneaky2:

dont take it to hart i bought 1, 3,wk ago , retuned it & it seems fine :thumbup1:good on fuel toooooooooooooooo :biggrin:

I've been using a 201t for 1 year now. I like the saw and find it an improvement on the 200t. The differences are not massive however, as has been said, less fuel used (less stops to refuel), less vibration and I find it has a bit more power in big wood (although others have said it has less!).

Down side, pick up is slightly slower - a small price to pay compared to having to change the piston pump twice a year on my 200...I tend to flick the choke a bit till it warms up...no great drama.

The bottom line is, the MS201t meets the new emission levels set by Brussels, thats why they bought the saw out..not to make a radical improvement on the existing design.

All you guys waiting for the super-duper Husky climbing saw...don't hold your breath...all past offerings have been about as much use as wing-mirrors on a submarine :001_tt2: