If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just taken me ages to read thro the 18 pages of this thread, and i cant believe that the penny hasnt dropped with a lot of people that u have to have one of these licenses, we were told about it about a year ago so we applied for one, got pulled while our application was in, luckily we didnt have anything in the back of the truck, so everybody who says they would rather pay the fines rather than $150 for three years arent making sense

so everybody who says they would rather pay the fines rather than $150 for three years arent making sense

You roll over and let them tickle your belly, I won't.

Would you give £150 away to someone in the street. The whole point people are trying to make is we shouldn't and do not require one. Woodchip is not waste and is a valuable comodity.

I have an exemption for my yard and do not intend to apply for a transportation licence. I am, next year putting up a 3000 sq ft steel building to store all my woodchip and logs. Drax have just announced they are going into bio feul energy production, I can see the price of bio fuels going up.

Waste you pay to get rid of, not charge for it.

just taken me ages to read thro the 18 pages of this thread, and i cant believe that the penny hasnt dropped with a lot of people that u have to have one of these licenses, we were told about it about a year ago so we applied for one, got pulled while our application was in, luckily we didnt have anything in the back of the truck, so everybody who says they would rather pay the fines rather than $150 for three years arent making sense

Doesn't mean we haven't got one- Just object too having to have it in the first place.

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

~ Buddha

Doesn't mean we haven't got one- Just object too having to have it in the first place.

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

~ Buddha

i dont agree to having it, neither do agree to paying other sky high outgoings, but lifes a bitch

So if i am taking logs away to store on my own land to then sell on, i need to have a waste licence, and the same for woodchip???

What if i'm delivering a load of logs or chip???

It'd be a huge grey area, i get pulled transporting logs or chip and say i'm selling them, surely i dont need a licence to do that???

wouldn't be surprised though in this day and age!!!!

...I am, next year putting up a 3000 sq ft steel building to store all my woodchip and logs. Drax have just announced they are going into bio feul energy production, I can see the price of bio fuels going up.

Don't bet on it Dean, they'll only deal through the big boys which means you'll still be lumped with selling it through somebody like AHS or Jenkinsons.

If you can produce good quality woodchip and store it your better off trying to market it locally than flog it to the big boys. Just my opinion.

There are lots of small schemes around your area but you must have the right quality product.

from what i have seen from the regular EA and vosa alot of it seemed to be down to the arresting officers interpritation of the ruling. i have seen our local firewood guy pulled over and fined with a load of logs on board. also seen local tree surgeons fined for carrying chip

That really takes the piss!!! You've got all these companies and schemes set up to help and encourage new businesses and then they do stuff like this!!!!!

It'll get worse too probably, they'll be needing to make the money up for the billions they are spending bailing outy folding banks and gordon browns cock ups ten years ago!!!!

Don't bet on it Dean, they'll only deal through the big boys which means you'll still be lumped with selling it through somebody like AHS or Jenkinsons.

If you can produce good quality woodchip and store it your better off trying to market it locally than flog it to the big boys. Just my opinion.

There are lots of small schemes around your area but you must have the right quality product.

I would guess Matt, that most of the Boi we produce goes abroad ? Surely if local demand increases we won't ship abroad and more can be paid for locally produced.

At the moment, I am giving away all my chip and a lot of my crappy logs. If I can find an easy way of loading the stuff, anything I get for it will be a bonus. Plus I need a building anyway.

Plus I am more likely to get planning for a building that's for "Bio fuel" storage. :sneaky2: