New Head teacher

White Noise

I think personaly they could use a bit of common sense on these things,its not jewelry (a vanity),but an expression of supporting something that is important to the individual,and healthy for the kids development,and ideals,wheres the harm in that?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think its harsh on a 15 year old whom has many relatives that have served and many that still do . Its a big part of his family back ground . To top it off he's not a trouble maker and does well at school . But this has given him a different take on things . I've told him stand your ground come what may . I'll back him . Its good to express yourself .

Can i be a bit picky, you say it is a no jewellery policy, so therefore it must cover the whole school right ? So my question is, does all the staff remove wedding rings etc ? if they dont surely they are in breach of there own rules ? Just a thought.

Oh and i say well done to the lad for standing up for his moralls and supporting our brave troops.

Can i be a bit picky, you say it is a no jewellery policy, so therefore it must cover the whole school right ? So my question is, does all the staff remove wedding rings etc ? if they dont surely they are in breach of there own rules ? Just a thought.

Oh and i say well done to the lad for standing up for his moralls and supporting our brave troops.

Cheers Paul :001_smile:

Is this a joke??

So should the teachers wear uniform too??

I'm wearing an anti-bullying wristband at the minute. I nicked it off a fat ginger kid.

This is outrageous Paul. I know schools have uniform codes etc., but this is a step too far. You don't want to get your lad in bother, but I would tell this small minded little Hitler to wind his neck in or you'll go to the press.

Stories like this make me want to leave this country for somewhere without so many stupid rules.

Like North Korea.

legend :lol:

Is this a joke??

So should the teachers wear uniform too??

why not? at least you would know who to punch while walking along the street:001_rolleyes:

seriously though "no jewellery policy" i think theres your joke right there. Also i think you will find that a wristband isnt jewellery its a symbol of support. Wake up Britain you are becoming a joke:thumbdown:

Because when its ok to punch teachers and policemen just because you disagree with them thats when anarchy rules.

So teachers and policemen are the same? Who knew teachers have to wear stab vests, I suppose its such a dangerous job (Just so everyone is clear, I think the police have a very hard job, and the teachers a very easy one:001_smile:).

I have never punched a teacher, and condone violence of any sort on that level. The very fact this lad is wearing a H4H bad says to me he is the sort who probably wouldn't dream of punching a teacher.

My issue was with your whole "teachers deserve more respect than everyone else" (how it came across) statement. They don't. Violence as a way of expressing opinion is like raising your voice, you've already lost the arguement when you think about it.

As a member of the Royal British Legion, i have a poppy appeal wristband similar to the H4H one that i wear for the period of the poppy appeal and a H4H one the rest of the time. I feel that this is a smarter way of showing support for a charity and also more practical. When i was at school the poppy used to get mangled beyond recognition sometimes so i was always getting new ones. As has been said service personnel can wear them with uniform but have to hide them if Her Majesty is present so obviously they have no issue with them. AP full marks to your lad for being strong in his beliefs.