Chainsaws in safe/unsafe hands.

husqycutter

Do you think that chainsaws should be banned from general sale and hire to the public without some sort of training, perhaps, apart from supplying the trained professional they could limit sales to say farmers.

Yeah totally Ban em off the face of the earth.. though my work load would probably go through the roof having to do countless petty jobs cutting up logs and felling weeds... HA!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I feel the opposite. Have to have a certificate to buy a chainsaw? talk about nanny state government. Maybe its the libertarian in me, but what business is it of the government whether I want a chainsaw for use on my property?

I would like to turn the clock back 30 years to when you could buy without any licence - firearms, ammo, dynamite, paraquat, incendiary's, have a hgv licence on grandfathers rights, burn off brash anywhere you wanted, have a few pints before driving home, work a chainsaw without being forced to wear PPE....

Think I'm going to emigrate to the US :(

Think the top handled thing might be down to the shop owner and his dealership. eg Stihl would not be happy if a franchise dealer sold a 200t to an untrained operator - if he had an accident HSE would trace the sale of the saw etc.

My local dealer refused to sell 3 new 200t's to a company with no tickets. They went to the next dealer and baught them no prob! (they even went back to my local to get some spares cos he was cheaper :asshole2:). Turns out they actually baught the saws for a fencing contract :wtf:

Sorry, but I feel the opposite. Have to have a certificate to buy a chainsaw? talk about nanny state government. Maybe its the libertarian in me, but what business is it of the government whether I want a chainsaw for use on my property?

My take on it is that, if you take that chainsaw and stick it in your leg. You'll go to a state funded hospital where you'll recieve free healthcare (NHS jokes aside). Afterwards you might be on the sick/dole until you healed. All paid for by the government (crap government jokes aside). Its in their interests to dissuade you from taking those liabilities / freedoms.

I would like to burn brash though.