robust harness

Alex bedie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weaver or treemotion. I have both.

The weaver is heavy and cumbersome until you are in the tree, and for spiking poles it is the mutts nuts.

Having said that the treemotion is the final word in harnesses........I rarely get the weaver out now...(although i might use it on a pole tomorrow morning having said that hahaha!!)

I really like my skylotec and found it pretty robust other than some slight frayng on the stitching on the leg loops, one thing that appeals about the treemotion is how customization it offers i dont just mean with the fit of it but the bridge and gear loops as well, the petzl sequoia is a great harness thats well built and some prefer it to the treemotion in comfort.

If you want durable, weaver wins hands down, the only problem being the bridge cant be replaced, if you nick it or it gets damaged some way, I still have my weaver, its now 8 years old, so i cant use it but i have no doubts that its still up to the job. The Tree motion is handy because of the replaceable parts, its comfy, light and well thought out, once you get it set up right, and i think that puts some people off, it took a while to get mine right, but its there and its like wearing an old slipper, although after less than 2 months the stitiching on the padding for the leg loops is starting to wear, but it hasnt been an easy two months, i must say when i opened the booklet and it said the harness could last up to 3 months with hard use i started to have regrets, will see how it looks in another months time....