any work going in christchurch,nz?

gibbon

1 or my full time staff is moving out to christchurch in novemeber. He doesn't use this forum so I said I would put up a post on his behalf.

Chris has worked for me for 3 or 4 years, started as a trainee and is now undertaking a lot of our day to day climbing. He is ultra reliable, very good on the ground and in the tree. He's quiet, gets on well with everyone and is one of the few guys who is much better at the job than he gives himself credit for. I couldn't have asked for a better employee over the last few years and I will be sorry to see him go. If there are any opportunities in the next few months on the Christchurch area, you could do a lot worse than to give this lad a go.

Thanks, Mat.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, i will pass that on. Is it worth him taking his ppe and climbing kit, or will most of those firms sort him out over there?

As per Adam; if his kit is good stuff he's better to bring it with him. Gear is expensive over here and although you'll get some provided by the company much of it won't be top of the line stuff.

He does realize that Christchurch is currently having somewhat of an earthquake problem doesn't he?

Cool. He's going because his missis is a kiwi but has been living here for a few years. Her family is from chistchurch so he knows the score there. He's on the books with me and we provide all his ppe and climbing stuff. From what you say I will suggest to him that he takes his kit with him. I got to admit that I wish it was me moving over there, I'm a bit jealous.