Where to put it ???

eggsarascal

should be strong enough i would think, ideally you need to be unload to the rear & also the near-side, make sure you have enough clearance as the bag comes down.... 900x900x900 bags go all sorts of funny shapes when full of logs!!!!!!!!

Any reason that you say the near-side ? funnily enough when we used to sub into the local water company they used to mount all their swing lifts near-side.

You can drop onto the pavement etc easier if nearside,, and yes to earlier 4 bolts is barely enough I think I drilled and put a couple extra in mine as the base plate did bend a little strong now tho, I replaced the straight bar on the swing lift with a hydraulic ram and electric tipper pump much more flexible half ton swing lift is barely high enough to lift 1 metre bags

You can drop onto the pavement etc easier if nearside,, and yes to earlier 4 bolts is barely enough I think I drilled and put a couple extra in mine as the base plate did bend a little strong now tho, I replaced the straight bar on the swing lift with a hydraulic ram and electric tipper pump much more flexible half ton swing lift is barely high enough to lift 1 metre bags

have you any pictures of your machine in work? i know egg is fitting his to a cabstar, are there any of these swing lifts suitable for pick ups?

near-side back corner i think is best, you will need hi-tensile bolts, look on the head of the bolt, you need a minimum of 8.8, go as near to a chassis rail or out-rigger as you can, you will also need to use large washers under the body floor- dont be shy... as wide as you can go!!!!!!

i'd use cap head bolts to bolt it down as the're 12.9's

you don't have much reach with a swing lift so you want to be as close to the side as possible and may have to put a stabilizer leg on

this is the reason i've made my own based on an engine hoist design mounted in the middle of the trailer drawbar so it will unload either side

will put some pics on later

have you any pictures of your machine in work? i know egg is fitting his to a cabstar, are there any of these swing lifts suitable for pick ups?

i welded an outrigger directly to the chassis on mine an just cut through the floor, ill add some pics.

are thinking 1 tonne pick-up (hilux etc) ??

it wouldnt be strong enough just bolted to the floor i dont think

pics of my crane set up

dylan, thats a neat trailer you've built, please dont think im picking holes but the flat plate you have tri-angulated the top boom will add very little extra strength, some round tube would be stronger.

im looking at building something similar as my swing lift is so limited in reach!!

dylan, thats a neat trailer you've built, please dont think im picking holes but the flat plate you have tri-angulated the top boom will add very little extra strength, some round tube would be stronger.

im looking at building something similar as my swing lift is so limited in reach!!

i agree tube would be stronger,if the boom was subject to both compression and tension and i would have made it differently,but as it's in tension flat is ok(it's what the original engine crane had on)

its a bit like you can pull with a rope but you can't push with it