Some Felling Pics

liamjordan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the comments, possitive and negitive, its all good reading.

We all do it now and again Liam, just not on a public forum....:sneaky2:

Why does this make a differance man? Like im just showing pics of the way me and my family undertake jobs.

Liam, I always like to see your pics you put up, especially ones of your Grandad on the tools. Cheers for sharing.

Out of curiosity, what does your Grandad think to the "newer" saws? I think its the first time Ive seen him with one in his hand! I take it its a 660 he's using there?

Cheers mon! Glad you enjoyed them! Dont worry your not gunna see him with a new saw anytime soon, thats my like second cousin? I think, grandads newphew, hes a contractor, I work with him most of the time in the week and grandad at the weekends.

But this guy is like 56, and being falling big stuff his whole life, and he says that the 044 and 660 and some of the best saws hes ever used.

I don't know why all the negative comments, as Liam says he is just posting some pics of the way they do things. I'm sure that he and his family are well aware of the risks, probably his Grandad has forgotten more about the job than most of us will ever know (me anyway). I've seen qualified accessors do everything they tell us not to. I've got tickets and ppe, dos'nt make me a better man than him, all it does is cover my backside if something goes pear shaped.

I've got tickets and ppe, dos'nt make me a better man than him, all it does is cover my backside if something goes pear shaped.

I'd imagine that's the point of the majority of the remarks.

Public forum posted photos of modus operandi could be used as evidence against a plaintiff in a court scenario.

The comments are not generally negative, more a heads up :001_smile:

Too many folk just don't like being told what to do, they react rather than listen.

My dad never used to wear ppe when he first started back in the late 50's but as soon as he heard about then he got then in the early 80's.

now he is 6'8" and he got my mum to extend them and alter them to fit with a butchered pair of chords.

He drummed ppe into us from am early age. I have caught my legs twice in 16 years of working a saw, I never meant it, never planned it but I am glad I had on my ballistics.:)

Like some of the older members here I started with my Levi ballistics:001_smile:. Working with men who had started falling during the early post war period I heard many tales of 'accidents' and met a couple of blokes who'd damaged themselves.

As soon as chaps and, later, trousers came onto the market I was in them. In that time they've stopped a couple of nicks and one major with a saw across my thigh.

Hopefully I've been around long enough to have learned etc but slips can and will happen. Each to his own and sometimes in hot weather I long to be in light trousers but it ain't gonna happen.

If you have the freedom to wear what you feel comfortable in then I'm fine with it....just don't want to be around when a nasty little accident happens.

All you blokes commenting on PPE need to look at your own PPE first, how many of you only have class 1 chainsaw trousers and use top handled or modern day saws that have a higher chain speed than your trousers are rated for. You might just as well wear jeans!