whose boots are favourite?

j r hartly

Have had Haix boots in the past, but have moved onto Elten Hydro fell find these much more flexible and light wieght for climbing, The old Haix just get used now for gettin a foot in the door, when collecting money off people that are slow in paying.

P.S. Because they are so heavy, they are great for excerting pressure on debtor's toes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Meindl's have lasted more than 2 so I think I'll stick with them. Cheers.

I am on my second pair of meindl's in 4+ years (with a pair of HAIX in between) I was charged VAT on both pair of Meindl's but not the HAIX. I was under the same impression that if they were for personal use then they were VAT exempt. However, the retailer in question that I will not name still charged the extra 17.5... :bored:

Does anyone know if you can get Haix Trekkers Re-soled? :confused1:

You can only get the HAIX resoled if they are a 2 piece composite sole... (think that is the correct description) basically if you have the HAIX with Vibram soles then yes... if you have the HAIX with one piece sole then your outta luck on the resole front.

I am going to get my HAIX resoled and keep them for seconds and when I don't want to get the grey suede dirty on my new Meindl :001_tongue:

I am on my second pair of meindl's in 4+ years (with a pair of HAIX in between) I was charged VAT on both pair of Meindl's but not the HAIX. I was under the same impression that if they were for personal use then they were VAT exempt. However, the retailer in question that I will not name still charged the extra 17.5... :bored:

Did you challenge them on it? Seems a bit of an anomaly...

Matty - do you find the Klima Airs ok to climb in? Others I know that have them say they are quite heavy which put me off. They sure look pretty indestructable though.

You can only get the HAIX resoled if they are a 2 piece composite sole... (think that is the correct description) basically if you have the HAIX with Vibram soles then yes... if you have the HAIX with one piece sole then your outta luck on the resole front.

I am going to get my HAIX resoled and keep them for seconds and when I don't want to get the grey suede dirty on my new Meindl :001_tongue:

you can get the one piece soles repaired, or you can here anyway.

Ive had my klima airs for coming up 5 years (with 2 resoles), ill be glad when my new airstreams turn up but cant fault the klima for durability.

Did you challenge them on it? Seems a bit of an anomaly...

Matty - do you find the Klima Airs ok to climb in? Others I know that have them say they are quite heavy which put me off. They sure look pretty indestructable though.

having been wearing hiax's for 6 months when i put my new pair of klima airs on i thought id made a big mistake i evan put my wrecked hiax's on for a massive leylandii hedge topping session as the thought of them on my feet was not nice for that job but after 2 weeks they are broken in and are fine and im glad i brought another pair as i know i will get my moneys worth,they are a heavy boot and require some braking in but you soon get used to it.

I used to go hiking in my last pair!

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting out in the business would like to get some boots prior to my course, although they are provided. I would like to get a decent pair of boots. Ive looked at Hiax as they mention the entry level, could be selling propagander ..lol, but like Buzz Ive had Meindhl walking boots for years and like the brand.

Any advice on boots please gratefully excepted. I think they'll need to be comfortable walking (draging) and running (fetching) as I'll be a goundie for abit...lol