APF no MUD

bob

I'm not asking the AA to have a load of forwarders and site clearence stuff at the trade fair.

Now that's what disaponted me about the AA, I'm not into forestry, but I thought for those that are that did attend the AA, there was a severe lack of "their" type of equipment.

Shows are shows, a show as large as the APF would be very dull and half the size without arb, but the same should be said for the AA, it would be nice to increase it's size with some mini forwarders etc.

Let's not have a us and them, not really the way forward

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went yesterday and enjoyed the show. Ok I'll porbably never buy most of the forestry kit in the demo area but it was good to look around. As Dean say's shame there was not much tree climbing / rigging demos but I suppose it all depends on who has paid for a pitch.

Being a northern tight wad was was not to keen and the £15 per head entry fee for what at the end of the day is a trade show. Chatsworth House down the road from me is cheaper to get in and SED and Hillhead manage to make it pay without taking all my beer tokens off me.:thumbdown:

Got home very late last night after breakdown. Going back today to get more off the stand and also go to Hednesford Raceway for the pre'68 banger racing. I,ve attended all of them bar one (got married, wished I'd been at the show) since 88 and they all have their merits. Some of the demo circuit was sparse and quiet but with tools like Pete Lords Jenz chipper burning 800ltrs per shift, then demos are a tad expensive. The truck mounted Heizohack chipper got sold for close to 300k euros. We sold some chippers and the TW girl got leered at, Jonesie upset the trade for selling his gear too cheap again I had three hangovers. Standard Show.

Nice to chat to all that came to the GM stand and nice to get home.

Had a great time, met a good number of you from here, missed many of you too, must have walked the entire circuit half a dozen times. Imo it was a shame that the arb guys were unable to set up much in the way of live displays, I know we've all seen them countless times, but it does help to draw attention to how the shiny jingly-jangly bits work. Primarily tho it is a forestry orientated show, and thats what we get. Big machines moving timber about, and personally I find that interesting, as its not somethingwe see a lot of in the flatlands of Suffolk. I spent quite a bit of time discussing the new kit thats available, dirnking beer, eating, talking, blagging, drinking beer, eating... sure you get the picture!!

The carving comp was good, excellent examples of their skills to be seen. Hopefully get my pics sorted over the next day or so, and get them posted.

All in all, the trade stands appeared to do well, throngs of eager people searching for bargains, haggling for a £ off here and there. Glad to have met so many of you, roll on the new show season!