London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

The answer to all of this is compulsory Sikhism for the underclasses.

I heard some beautifull quotes on the wireless today:

"If they come into our Gundwara I will kill them" A nice example of a youth willing to fight for his community, for what he believes in.

But the real beauty was a young man being asked if he was out yesterday evening to guard his neigbourhood if needed: "No, I was at home, I was not allowed to go out. -Why not?- I am a young man, I am 19 years old, but my parents said I should stay in, and at the end of the day you've got to do what your parents tell you to, innit"

That's great.

On Tuesday I was in Handsworth where there were some riots on Monday night. I was there to supervise a building site for a new Sikh school. Most of the labourers on site were volunteers and it was the most pleasant building site I have ever been to! Very tidy, lots of people grafting hard and even a nice man wondering round with bottles of coke and milk for the workers:thumbup: I got the impression the Sikh community are a very respectful and peaceful bunch which was nice having driven past a burnt out police station 5 minutes before!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out the riots are starting up here now...

Rioters strike in Edinburgh 10th August 2011 - YouTube

:lol:

thats well scary and not far from me:thumbdown:, i am going to hammer large pieces of crooked wood over the doors and windows in the house and get tooled up waiting for it to kick off. Or i could just lie on the couch as usual :001_rolleyes::lol:

Just been having a look at the bbc site and scanning the videos.

This one just about sums it up for me.

BBC News - Riots: 'David Cameron come and live in Peckham for a week'

Do they not realise that benefits are there to keep people above the breadline, NOT to provide them with plenty of spare cash in a nice cushy house in a leafy suburb. :confused1:

I think that should be emphasised to them when they sign on, "This free house and free cash is to keep you and your children alive, its not so you dont have to work."

A change of mindset is in order if they are to be helped.

Just been having a look at the bbc site and scanning the videos.

This one just about sums it up for me.

BBC News - Riots: 'David Cameron come and live in Peckham for a week'

Do they not realise that benefits are there to keep people above the breadline, NOT to provide them with plenty of spare cash in a nice cushy house in a leafy suburb. :confused1:

I think that should be emphasised to them when they sign on, "This free house and free cash is to keep you and your children alive, its not so you dont have to work."

A change of mindset is in order if they are to be helped.

lol,they expect to be kept like pop stars.:thumbdown:

you know what they say-the bigger the earings the lower the IQ:biggrin: