London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

Firstly, these aren't "kids". The people perpertrating this senseless violence are not just teenagers. Live news footage clearly shows that all age ranges are represented and the argument that this is the disaffected youth, fighting for their rights and their future is utter crap!

You're right. Its more than the BBC would have us think. It's more than just disenfranchised youth. It's a good cross section of society. It is spontanious and un-organised vandalism, not violence. Violence is what our government is perpetrating around the world in the name of our 'security'.

There is NO justification for what is happening and trying to find excuses for this behaviour is as dangerous as it is stupid.

So, like I said. I'm not justifying their actions, just trying to balance the pitchfork to reason ratio a bit.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these ponsing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.".....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did..:)

David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these ponsing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.".....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did..:)

Rubber bullets are banned can't see how that is going to work.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.756287,-6.325634

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of the reason for the riots is under the labour government benefits were very generous. Under the tory rule not as much fun is it might even need to get a job unfortunately the state of the country there is not many about. Karma would be if someone broke into their house tonight and pinched their new telly while they were out kicking off.

I've just seen this pic online.

How on earth can any human being deliberately cause this chaos and inflict this level of fear on another person??? Sorry, getting a bit over emotional about it all and what's happening to my friends, colleagues and neighborhood at the moment ;-(

_54500587_012623830-2.jpg.78ec9ff7fa5557e29fb386eca788c2bb.jpg

Edited by janey

@Puzo you are talking complete nonsense and deliberatley saying pointless stuff that will get people's backs up if you have a problem with this country "legal" weapon use start your own thread.

I couldn't care what got used on them weather it be legal or not they deserve it they deserve brutality. Maybe water cannons fill of wee would be better.

I have a few days off, and look what happens...

It's inexcusable what happened, and no one in their right mind can condone this sort of totally selfish behaviour, but when you're living in a society that demands instant consumer gratification and you perceive yourself as having no stake in that society you can see how some people seek to justify their actions under some sort of warped 'victim' mentality.

I can't help feeling that an erosion of responsibility and culpability in our society is quite a large factor in this. Nobody is actually held responsible for anything any more. The bankers can steal millions, and get away with it. The politicians can steal thousands on their expenses and get away with it. The NotW bosses can hack the phones of murdered school girls and seemingly get away with it. Footballers can do what they like and get fined pocket change. Your kid can do what they like, and it's not your fault as a parent.

No one's accountable. Nobody gives a toss anymore. Anything goes. Seriously, why not go knock over a Dixons? Why shouldn't you? Everybody else is. The hammer never falls.

If a banker can 'help himself' to £10m he hasn't earned, why shouldn't the man on the street 'help himself' to a 50" telly he hasn't earned? The banks is just one example. They ballsed up massively, whilst doing things that were really rather dubious morally and ethically. The fall out? Well, nothing really. Nothing at all. Carry on.

That said, this was outright criminal behaviour motivated by pure greed and opportunitism, not some political protest or cry for help.

Nice to see the Turkish community in North London, succeeding where the Met failed totally in protecting their community. I used to live in Hackney, and you don't mess with those boys.:thumbup1: