New Stein RC3002!!

Did you find the pre tension arm awkward to take off once you had created tension? Me and James thought it would of been better suited to have a ball pivot. The thing i prefer about the grcs is its lift to create tension but like you say it is a lot more £££. My bollard took a direct impact of about a tonne of timber and didn't even flinch. :thumbup1:

We've only found the arm awkward to move if the rope angle down into it is wrong this is solved by re-positioning the bollard or fitting a redirect pulley onto the trunk above the bollard.

Taking the arm off. Not awkward as we leave it on 9/10 times. it would be far too annoying to take it off every time.

A Ball pivot? Not sure what you mean but maybe there's a design improvement for Stein.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a speedline rope last week and spent the last two days speedling two Scots Pine trees.

The Stein Dual was really useful for this type of job.

Yesterday we had the speedline on the left bollard so that the tension could be applied and released easily.

Today the speed line was on the right hand bollard permanently tensioned (but adjustable with a prussic loop) and this meant the left bollard was available for the control line, or when needed, the lowering rope which could be used to hoist branches up the tree to be clipped to the speedline.

It was pretty simple and meant that if the job was very technical or something went wrong, we still had a flying capstan available.

I'm not suggesting the Dual is essential for speedlining but it certainly made things easy. So glad I bought it.

I've got some video of ther job but i'm such a techno **** I can't attach it. sorry.

Ok so I've figured out how to put a video on again. Its not long or spectacular but it shows a speedline and control line set up on the Dual and we had the option turning the control line into a lowering line to hoist branches up to the speedline, if required.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSK6ZaOypo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Edited by Steve Bullman

• 2 years later...

Had the Dual out today rigging down a Giant Redwood. Not a giant one but heavy enough lumps to ruin the 19mm Polydine rope, cos I was in a hurry to get it down and did it too big. Oops, I'm such an amateur :blushing::laugh1:

New groundie loved it but probably thinks he's a rigging god now and will ask for a pay rise on Monday! :001_rolleyes:

Had the Dual out today rigging down a Giant Redwood. Not a giant one but heavy enough lumps to ruin the 19mm Polydine rope, cos I was in a hurry to get it down and did it too big. Oops, I'm such an amateur :blushing::laugh1:

New groundie loved it but probably thinks he's a rigging god now and will ask for a pay rise on Monday! :001_rolleyes:

Have you melted it??

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't happen without vid Al....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Specially for you Mark. It was scary because the Hiab guy said he was happy with the size. Then when it was about to tip he told me the crane will only lift 4T at that distance and the lorry payload was only 6T!

When he drove off with the other logs on, I reckon he was 7-8T overloaded. Mental!

'Twas all good though and he was really good with his crane.

Oh and BTW, the new groundie did ask for a pay rise the following week! I told him I'd sack him if he asks again.

His performance has been 90% improved since then.:lol: