Ropegude 2010

ms660isthebest

I just brought the art ropeguide but a groundsman has cut my rope near the splice eye.:thumbdown: I wondered if i can make a small hole in the rope to feed the the retiveal ball string in. I use the loose end as a bowline knot to connect to the harness. So the hole would not be under load. If this make sense or should i buy a new rope?

get the groundie to get you a new rope ,as he cut it :001_smile:

He'll learn quicker if he has to buy you a new rope :001_smile:

Truer word was never spoken. Quickest way to teach someone the value of kit is to teach them the value in cash relative to wages. Probably should have been agreed upon before the incident but no harm in letting him know the next time comes out of his wages.

Harsh now, but in a few years when he's a more competent worker he'll probably look back and thank you. Coming from someone who now thanks his old boss for being such a hard nut.

You can clove hitch the little ball on, There is just enough to make it. I heated up a chainsaw file and poked it through then tied a little bit of throw line on to make a loop.

(Word of advice though, stick some tape on rope before you poke the hole through. It stops it all falling out.)