touchy subject

David Goss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt going to post on this thread, but I have just had this posted on my facebook. Insensitive or not, I think it sums up how I feel;

"Sorry if this offends but, yes its sad about Amy Winehouse or anybody that dies young or not happy in this life so poked the drugs up her nose, veins & throw drink down her neck & leave her poor family thinking wot the hell they could of done to help !!!!!!!!!!!! But did those children in Norway have a choice ................... RIP"

If you think that then just delete it, like i said it wasnt my intention for it to come across that way. As for the media well thats another problem altogether and one that i cant do anything about except never buy a news paper ever again, which i have not done for many years now for exactly this type of reason. I dont care about what celeb is doing what to another celeb, or what big brother or the likes is getting up to, these things are of no importance to me and are written for the brainwashed public of whom i dont want to be one. If ever the media starts to concentrate on real life and put celeb news in a little corner on page 5 or something then i may buy a paper or 2 again but this will never happen. This will never happen because people are more interested in a drunken singer than someone that is laying his life on the line to save the lives of thousands he has never even met. That to me is worth being told about and why i started this thread.

Do you really think the public are brainwashed, and what about?

I wasnt going to post on this thread, but I have just had this posted on my facebook. Insensitive or not, I think it sums up how I feel;

"Sorry if this offends but, yes its sad about Amy Winehouse or anybody that dies young or not happy in this life so poked the drugs up her nose, veins & throw drink down her neck & leave her poor family thinking wot the hell they could of done to help !!!!!!!!!!!! But did those children in Norway have a choice ................... RIP"

What happened in Norway is just horific, unbelievable, sick BUT what has this got to do with Amy Winehouse?

What happened in Norway is just horific, unbelievable, sick BUT what has this got to do with Amy Winehouse?

Perhaps in reply to the OP, or the relative way the media have of portraying what they believe is important news, and perhaps just the fact that some people inflict harm upon themselves, wereas others have little choice?

I think that it is the disparity of coverage that people find distasteful. The apparent decision of one troubled young lady to take her own life (I word it in that way as the circumstances surrounding her death aren't clear and I don't want to speculate) and the murder of almost 100 people are not tragedies on the same scale. The media coverage would seem to suggest otherwise.

From a personal point of view, I do get quite angry with people who seem to have it all (talent, money, family and fame) and then piss it all away. As has been said already, the kids on the island didn't have a choice at all.

I think that it is the disparity of coverage that people find distasteful. The apparent decision of one troubled young lady to take her own life (I word it in that way as the circumstances surrounding her death aren't clear and I don't want to speculate) and the murder of almost 100 people are not tragedies on the same scale. The media coverage would seem to suggest otherwise.

From a personal point of view, I do get quite angry with people who seem to have it all (talent, money, family and fame) and then piss it all away. As has been said already, the kids on the island didn't have a choice at all.

Now thats flowing with what this thread is about!

Nicely put J

Slightly off track from the main topic of conversation here but I don't think enough is made of the addictiveness (is that a word?) of hard drugs. It's all well and good to say that someone has it all and has pissed it up the wall but until we are in such a position of being addicted and stuck in that cycle, it's hard to pass judgement. Anyone who has tried and tried again to give up smokes or alchohol etc would maybe attest to that. Being a social drinker, binger drinker and full blown alchoholic are only a few small steps away from each other. I doubt Ms. Winehouse was coherent enough for long enough to kick the habit. This has little to do with media coverage etc i know but maybe we just need to reign things in a little.

If news papers etc wound me up I just wouldn't buy them and if the tv coverage wound me up I wouldn't watch it it's easy:) she may have been a druggie but she is still someones little girl. I agree a fallen hero deserves more coverage or a tragedy of the level in Norway but media is a business and it seems people are more interested in famous

people as if they know them and that sells that's just the way it is.