touchy subject

David Goss

My cousin recently said something similar on Facebook about the Oslo victims not being given enough press but winehouse is getting more. The true fact of the matter Is she was a big name and famous or infamous for her lifestyle. Unfortunately she will be remembered in that light. That be it right or wrong is big press news and because your opinion being that she deserves less press than the soldier in question isnt going to change that.

Was anyone saying this when micheal Jackson died or other big celebrities?

Loss of any life is tragic. Rip to both.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to delete this thread right now tbh, my reasons are the title, it is not a touchy subject, you have slagged off a girl who has just lost her life.:thumbdown: You have branded her ' junkie ' and you didn't have the decency to call he by her first name.

So what is your actual arguement here?:confused1:

Its no argument, and you wanting to delete it is proving it to be a touchy subject. I am fed up with the media concentrating only on the people IN the media. To me this soldier has as much right if not more, to have his story heard than a singer. This is my opinion and i put it out to be heard, if i come across as being cold hearted then it is not my intention. I never branded her as a junkie, that was done well before this thread and by many other people. Not calling her by her first name was a mistake and for that i am sorry.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the media, it's the story that sells advertising space and gets viewing figures. I wasn't a great fan of Ms. Winehouse but she's the big news. another death in Afghanistan etc is just hohum to most of the population today. Also, Ms. Winehouse is more likely to hold the interest of the British public rather than the goings on in another country hence the possible lack of interest in the Norway story despite the huge tragedy.

those people died for somone elses course ,not ther own ,& they didnt have a choice did they ,wer as the junki had a choice didnt she !!!!!!!

He was a soldier, he chose to be one (all credit too him) and getting shot is a career hazard.

Awful as it sounds, and awful as the incident is, thats the fact.

i want to delete it because it is just insensetive.

If you are fed up with how the media is run, what do you suggest is done.

If you think that then just delete it, like i said it wasnt my intention for it to come across that way. As for the media well thats another problem altogether and one that i cant do anything about except never buy a news paper ever again, which i have not done for many years now for exactly this type of reason. I dont care about what celeb is doing what to another celeb, or what big brother or the likes is getting up to, these things are of no importance to me and are written for the brainwashed public of whom i dont want to be one. If ever the media starts to concentrate on real life and put celeb news in a little corner on page 5 or something then i may buy a paper or 2 again but this will never happen. This will never happen because people are more interested in a drunken singer than someone that is laying his life on the line to save the lives of thousands he has never even met. That to me is worth being told about and why i started this thread.