Firewood processor hire

burnlogs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just waiting on delivery of posch s 350 which we hope to hire out with man in future still gauging price has anyone got going rates and is this based on cube or day rate as i was thinking you need a minimum rate if the cord is small stuff/too long/etc any suggestions would be good

I'd be charging on a day rate for 8 hours including set up and clear up time. You couldn't price on volume as that would depend on how straight the wood is and how much prepping is required. If i was looking to hire out I'd be at £100 each for the processor and man. If I used my PTO driven processor I'd also add £50 for the tractor and diesel. That'd likely yield a processing cost of £25/M3 to £30/m3 which is fair and reasonable. If someone has lots of wood lying around that avoids the sweat of DIY and is a lot cheaper than buying in firewood.

i have a farmi self powerd word of advice do not let it go out without opperator

I've had people ask to 'borrow for a small fee' my processor. Aside from knowing it'd come back in a different state to that when it left there is a entire H&S can of worms that'd be opened up if the loaner injured themselves. It really must be hired with a trained operator for the good of the equipment and legally for safety aspects.

Anyone who has others operate dangerous equipment should have dated training records to ensure they have at least the basics covers should an accident occur. Thats something that is best done before an accident happens as is hard to prove when its not documented and the HSE guys in front of you asking the questions.

I wont go out with my mobile palax combi 600 for any less than £200 a day+they supply petrol for machine and pay for my fuel cost to travel to site and supply a labourer to pass me the timber.

I would also insist on payment up front having just been done for 9 days hire without payment. Fortunately I always cost in legal collection because for £60 it stops you having sleepless nights.

We currently hire a firewood processor with operator. We work on a daily rate of £450 plus machine diesel. Transport anywhere in the UK at cost.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug2Vd2DZbmI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]‪Binderberger 520 Firewood Processor Hire‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]