am i too cheap?

THE88MAN

but he earns you more than 35pounds though right?..For 350 the customer is getting a days work out of 2 men, plus all the kit required, plus waste disposal..That's a good price for the customer. Better than 200 for one man, no stopping to clear up etc..35quid groundie clearing up behind means you will get twice as much done in theory.

seriously though, you pay someone 35quid for a whole days graft?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. my groundies on £35 per day :sneaky2:

Plus gardeners with crap gear and no quals earn £200 a day round here

jesus dean is he polish?!!! i have to pay my casual bloke (2-3 days weekly) 70 quid and buy him 2 pints of fosters! I have a gardener colleague who charges £15 hour,works 10 hours 7 days and does alright for himself in a small radius of home...makes ya think

but he earns you more than 35pounds though right?..For 350 the customer is getting a days work out of 2 men, plus all the kit required, plus waste disposal..That's a good price for the customer. Better than 200 for one man, no stopping to clear up etc..35quid groundie clearing up behind means you will get twice as much done in theory.

seriously though, you pay someone 35quid for a whole days graft?

Yes your right looking at it like that :001_smile:

My groundies new, 16, just left school and is in training, I also tell him I expect him to work but not bust a gut. As his experience grows, so will his wage packet. We normally only work 6 hours or so but if we have a hard day I pay him £50 so he doesn't get dis-heartened, any tips we get I give them to him.

If your doing 6 hour days and your groundie is getting 35 quid a day at 16 he ain't doing bad I was on about 4 pound an hour when I were a lad

I must be older than you as i was on less than £2.00 a "week".

Two hunded pound's for a day grafting is not a lot,does that include your traveling time?.

As has been stated before you are up against someone whose on the dole etc therefore it depend's on outside factors.

At first glance, it sounds about right. At second glance, it looks a bit different, unless you work(ed) for cash, in which case it is a bonus in your pocket.

8.5 hours of work (forget about breaks, as by law, you are entitled to breaks, all part of a working day) at £23.53 per hour.

Do you have other people out working for you, whilst you are doing your round? If so, between each of you are you bringing in enough to meet your daily expenditure (overheads, expenses, purchases), and, preferably, exceed the total outgoings so you make a profit?

If the answer is yes, then your £200 is a viable price.

8.5 hours of work (forget about breaks, as by law, you are entitled to breaks, all part of a working day) at £23.53 per hour.

Do you have other people out working for you, whilst you are doing your round? If so, between each of you are you bringing in enough to meet your daily expenditure (overheads, expenses, purchases), and, preferably, exceed the total outgoings so you make a profit?

If the answer is yes, then your £200 is a viable price. i use casual guys 3 days appx weekly,rest of the week i'm out on my own doing hedges,fencing and logs.i rent a small yard for a tenner a week and keep overheads as low as i can.hedge trimming IMO is alot easier,less stressful and pound note plentiful than anything else i do so i'm satisfied with 200 quid,just got me thinking when the bolshy customer said it,and also my missus reckons it sounds cheap (what does she know?!!)