Waterproof jackets

conkers

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated in my earlier post, I bought two Adrenaline Hi-vis cycling jackets. Super comfy and looks like the Stein.

Very waterproof EXCEPT the underarm vent zips are normal zips instead of waterproof zips so completely useless. There is a flap that covers the zip and I'm sure for cycling in, it's a perfect jacket.

For our job though, I now realised I've wasted my money:thumbdown:

I'm so disappointed with myself as I've previously preached on other threads (ie: Stein trolley) that buying cheap/second rate products is false economy.

IV'E GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN!!!:confused1:

Had my cut and climb on for the last 2 days in torential rain, it wasn't allowed to dry on wednesday night instead it was left in the van in a heap. Even after that my t shirt has been bone dry both days.

Best waterproof I have owned

Yeah always stay dry with mine,Very good jackets.

Since buying those two Mountain Active Adrenaline cycling jackets, every wet day has been a day of regret, because I don't cycle to work.

So, I have gained more information and now got a Stein Evo 2 jacket. The previous comparison on this thread with the cycling jacket ends with the colour.

The material is clearly much tougher

The underarm zips are waterproof ones

Also I learned that this is a recent and much improved version of the original Stein and is much more waterproof.

So I'm now looking forward to the next wet day (NOT!) and I'll let you know what happens.

This is a good one.Four layer Gortex,Gaskets in the Cuffs,handwarmer Pockers and a Hood.Its pricey but it rains for over 200 days a year here so its worth every Penny.

Its a Sea Kayaking Jacket and available at REI Labor Day Sale Thru Sept. 5 - Save on Outdoor Clothing, Gear and Equipment for Family Camping, Hiking, Cycling, Fitness, Travel, Kayaking and Canoeing

59765dfc0d27b_jacket4.jpg.6040cad401093ed0d47b90f50d45a1b0.jpg

59765dfc09d33_jacket3.jpg.06ffff5af641831a72ae2c3aa1c0d343.jpg

59765dfc06f27_jacket2.jpg.5c0cfa9200d9eebdd2d5249e22e2f64c.jpg

jacket.jpg.e4c0ec2476d659bd9283f2d0bcec39e8.jpg