Dual Decay

David Humphries

Beast the darn thing and get it sliced & diced.

blinkin amateurs :001_rolleyes:

:lol:

That is as long as its NOT Piptoporus quercinus which is obviously protected by Schedule 8 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 where it is an offence to intentional pick, uproot, destroy, sell or transport for the purpose of sale (live or dead, part or derivative) of said fungus :blushing::biggrin:

Found a couple inonotus brackets on this oak today (can just make them out) and what I think is a small patch of collybia. Didn't get close up of collybia I'm afraid. Happy to have found something to be part of this thread [ATTACH]133818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]133819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]133820[/ATTACH]

Tree that you're working on Ben, or found in passing?

Collybia isn't a good sign, hows the canopy?

Don't like to guess, but as its you I'd lean toward your original thoughts of them being an odd shapen resinaceums.

pores far to big (and wrong shape) for dryadeus

I did think gano resi at first. But gut tells me no. I thought it was dryadeus second, but I have to agree with you David the pores seem wrong (on more photos ive got).

How would I go about deciphering it if it is the Oak polypore without damaging it?

(It has got some uncanny resemblance to some Google images for pipto querc, but we all know what the Internet is like)

How would I go about deciphering it if it is the Oak polypore without damaging it?

(It has got some uncanny resemblance to some Google images for pipto querc, but we all know what the Internet is like)

So did the lump I sent to Kew from The Hamas lair, that turned out to be.......Laetiporus :blushing::biggrin:

Spore colour be different between that there oak pip & the resi, so no need to slice it :thumbup1: