Yew: Good firewood or is there a better use?

Steve_C

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its an arbtalker you will just need to help load. If its from the local wood turners ass osiation he will bring his big F shape spanner and moisture meter and deliberate for 4 hrs before offering to take the lot of your hands for a fiver. You will then be handed a piece of paper with address and exact position where he would like it stacked. And by this time you will agree to anything just to get him out the yard. :biggrin:

Yes . No offence I love turners really. When they come in here we have a laugh me trying to shove the stuff up the processor them trying to drag it back with the end chewed off.

Haha sounds like something id do , then find out I nearly got cut and split my self and it's no good:blushing:

• 2 months later...
I have this pile if anyone would like to make any offers,

I agreed a sale of this yew to someone on Arbtalk back in July but if has not been collected and now they have failed to reply to numerous pm`s ( I hope they are ok ). I either need to log it or sell it on before the ground goes soft, anyone interested.