Stolen saws from the truck

Paul Smith

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they make harder chain to cut through, then they make gas axes and angle grinders easily portable, we cant win!

i have a steel box in my truck, it fits my saws in and i can lock it, not the easiest thing to get into at the best of times, but it works.

When on site if im in a back garden i take it all through with me and then i know where it all is, the only thing that may stay in the truck is a brush or shovel till we need it, all valuable kit is in sight.

Its happening too much, are people cottoning on to us or is it just the times?!

I had my saws and blowers nicked twice from outside my house in Hampshire..they were chained to the seats in a truck on my drive.

I then got a steel box in the back of the van...and put them in there instead.

I had the entire van stolen about a week later. None of it was seen again...van included.

On Friday last week a local company had there van broken into and 2 blower and hedge cutters stolen right out side our building in broad daylight. Got the whole lot on camera.

Then Tuesday same again this time it was the guys that do the maintenance on the estate, brushcutters and blowers.

Different people each time got both on camera, but the police are not interested, they don't even want a copy of the footage. :thumbdown:

Different people each time got both on camera, but the police are not interested, they don't even want a copy of the footage. :thumbdown:

Thats outrageous! Wants an email to local mp about rising thefts, lack of help off police. And an email to someone further up police to complain about the local force and there incompetence in this subject. TOSSERS! :thumbdown:

On Friday last week a local company had there van broken into and 2 blower and hedge cutters stolen right out side our building in broad daylight. Got the whole lot on camera.

Then Tuesday same again this time it was the guys that do the maintenance on the estate, brushcutters and blowers.

Give the video to sky news , and tell them to air it and see if the police will do anything then. That's just bad news :thumbdown:

I'm going to have a word with the police over it.

I would put it on youtube etc.. But it wasn't me that got robbed (this time). And they know who owns the cameras and where I am. I know it sounds cowedly but I've got a lot to use and I wouldn't put it past scum like that to torch a place.

I'm going to have a word with the police over it.

I would put it on youtube etc.. But it wasn't me that got robbed (this time). And they know who owns the cameras and where I am. I know it sounds cowedly but I've got a lot to use and I wouldn't put it past scum like that to torch a place.

I understand that and it doesn't sound cowardly. That's what the Police are for, sadly they don't appear to be interested in much but speeding these days.

at this rate there wont be any cosha secondhand equipment for sale!! it will all be hooky i think its all down to being a product of there upbringing IE" no respect for other,s and the way the law is structured these days when the culprits are caught etc he,s not a bad lad really he,s from a broken home milud he needs help not punishment etc etc its a boot up the arse and jail with a big tatoo saying thief on there forehead my blood boils as i type this as theres no justice in this country anymore its a shadow of what it stood for and decent people a leaving in there droves for a better life elswhere no bloody wonder when other people think they have more right than you to your own gear