Things must be Gloomy

Dean Lofthouse

I personally only noticed a glitch in phone calls for work when the news of a recession hit the news and never though owt of it.

I decided to put my motorbike and our lasses bike up for sale because I haven't used either this year and they sat doing nowt costing money, thought I would pay off a credit card and get myself straight for winter with the money.

Had both bikes on tbay and they didn't sell, lowered the price for a second listing, they didn't sell, put them on for a third time at a give away price and one of them has only just sold.

Normally these bikes an 06 CB1300SA5 and an 02 CB600F2 would have sold straight away.

Perhaps things are slowing down and people aren't spending money on luxurys

Tbh buying bikes at this end of the season would be the time for a bargain anyway. The best(???) of the summer season is over, so why buy at top end money to sit it in the garage over-winter? As the recession bites, the dealers will be falling over themselves to give a good deal on new bikes, for the next season. Btw, my taxi driver last night said that demand had fallen to the lowest she could remember, Friday traffic was down to about 25% of the past year or so, and Saturday traffic was also falling. People are def hanging onto their cash.

Dean,

Met my neighbour for the first time yesterday after about 7 months he inquired about the builder we have just used and in about 5 mins of chatting he told me how much he paid for his place and that he is already in negative equity and his financial hole (obviously on his mind to come out with to a stranger!) that is getting worse as he has to change mortgage etc....

Didnt think much of it untill about 10 oclock last night when it kicked off BIG STYLE not a little barny but a 2hr banging smashing you get the picture and the whole street could hear...

All over money/ mortgage /working every hour of the day to scrap by, lucky you had something to sell!

Also one of my clients who has won two silvers and a gold at chelsea -big jobs landscaping etc- is laying people of as no work coming in, so somethings on its way....

The economy is shot to bits, You only have to look at the car fore courts up here to see 5 grand off this 6 grand off that, No luxurys are selling because a good percentage of people are struggling to pay the mortgage/rent. Ive been after a new car for a while, new to me not brand new and the 2nd hand market is so so cheap, Real bargains to be had at the moment, Hence i have a nice (for me) car coming soon that i paid peanuts for!

We are still busy up here with work still coming in, but I am selling a Navara at the mo which is a really bloody straight 4x4 with good history and good condition and I have not had one enquiry. no plug intended:sneaky2:

Already dropped the price once.

Sold a 5 year old Astra van 9yrs ago only £500 cheaper! No problem.:confused1:

Ordered a new Isuzu 3.5t, but made the deal months ago. Wish I had gone second hand now.

Ebay..... paaaah 14 watchers and one silly bid:mad1:

I currently have about 6 weeks work booked in. I have only got one new job in the last three weeks. This is not looking good, I have lots of timber to split and once one or two late payers cough up I'll have a bit of cash in the bank butin the long term things look a bit bleak.

I blame Alistair "Wur doomed, doomed ah tell ye" Darling.