Black poplar and pine---any takers ??

hazzygawa

I have quoted on a job to fell 30 large black pops but the owner wants the wood sold to get some money back from the job to be able to pay me. Doh. I can't seem to find anyone to buy it. Anyone know any buyers?

Other job is a pine takedown. Owner wants to sell the wood as timber. I don't know anyone who will buy it.

It will be in smallish bits as it will be dismantled and it leans over shed.

Anyone ???

tell them to stick their trees on ebay as firewood once they are on the deck and you are on your way home, cheque in hand. certainly the pine, maybe tell the pop owner to ring some local firewood merchants.

i wouldnt get involved with selling peoples back garden trees for them, they always think they are worth a mint, and are they paying for your time brokering their wood sales?

I have quoted on a job to fell 30 large black pops but the owner wants the wood sold to get some money back from the job to be able to pay me. Doh. I can't seem to find anyone to buy it. Anyone know any buyers?

Other job is a pine takedown. Owner wants to sell the wood as timber. I don't know anyone who will buy it.

It will be in smallish bits as it will be dismantled and it leans over shed.

Anyone ???

walk away you might not get the money - the customer will think its worth hundreds and its not, its only worth what someones prepared to pay for it, as they have to come and collect it, will cost someones time more than the value of timber, have had those sort of customers before who think there wood is worth thousands and its only been a poplar:sneaky2:

Where is the job and how many tons are in the Poplars. Also can they pulled roadside in decent lengths?

Cheers

Well the biggest is about 80 ft. There are about 5 with a trunk diameter of around 4-5ft at the base. The rest are skinnier and nearly as tall. There are 30 of them. You can get to them off the beaten track but it is tight.

They are on the northants border to Milton Keynes.

I gave the quote to the customer and now they are gonna think about it!!!!

They then started saying how much for certain trees to come down, how much can you get done in a day, how much do you charge a day etc etc.

It's quite frustrating when you spend time putting a quote together only to find the customer thinks the job will cost a couple of hundred quid when it's a weeks work for two men plus kit and travel.

Rant

Does pop burn well when dried?