storeage containers

Yeti

hi guys i have tried searching on here but i cant seem to find the exact answer i require,what is the total measurement of a cubic metre? i have some new fold able vented containers however I've misplaced all my written measurement for how high/wide/deep they need to be.

here is some pics of my boxes to see if my guestimates are near enough visually.ill grab the measurements of what they measure tmoz when i get back up the yard.

59765d1737178_box2.jpg.c41c3e01dba4fc62fc240fac016c15e7.jpg

59765d173453a_firewoodboxes.jpg.27061b9056fa380b202e1be1696192c0.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to put into words i admit lol sorry for my waffling.Honestly when i say maths isnt a strong point i am not lying i flunked maths class big time.Well they certainly dont measure 1mx1mx1m.if it makes it easier how many inches high wide and deep should the boxes measure ?

A cubic metre is 100cm (1m) wide x 1m wide x 1m high . but those containers look like the're on euro pallets 1.2 x 1.2 meteres there for they would only need to be filled to a deepth of 70 cm (28 inches ) to get a full metre cube .

i think they are euro pallets now you mention it.It confirmed my fears that ive been giving away too much wood.the sides all separate from each other there is three collars to make the boxes i have there, i think if i take a layer off it makes it too small.Ill measure the sides tmoz for you.Thanks for the help so far guys i feel an absolute numpty having to ask these questions

inches is hardly going to make it easier? but 1m is 39.3 inches.

so they need to be 1m x 1m 1m or 39.3x39.3x39.3 inches. Meters is easier!!!!

If they are not 1mx1m then tell us how wide and long they are and we will tell you how how to fill them to get one 1 cubic meter.

hi yeti , just measure the height in cm, the width in cm, and the depth in cm, times all three measurements together i.e.

75cm x 75cm x 125cm = .70m3 (.75of a metre x .75of a metrex 1.25metre = .70m3

hope ive got my maths right now!

will be blasted if i dont have.

all the best

joy

If you can give us the width and depth, we can tell you the height to fill to. It's likely that this is less than full height - if so then measure the right height internally and a line of duck tape round at the correct height should give you a fill line that will last for years.

Alec