Small Echo's

Charlieh

Old thread here.. I have been using the cs 352es quite a bit,cheap saw to buy & it performs really well for a light 35cc saw, like all Echo's it takes a minute to warm up from cold,then its a little screamer, good quality chipper saw, & works well strapped to my saw bench for logs up to ten inch.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cs280 wes and overall I'm pleased with it! It does cut very slow compared to my ms260 but to be fair it's a different league of saw. Put a smaller bar on mine, think it's a 10" or 12" from chains direct. Makes it cut a little faster. Still have an issue of it not wanting to "rev out" though, despite being tuned by an echo dealer, it always feels like it needs to clear it's throat! Overall a nice light saw and ideal for the smaller stuff, I climb with mine and it's fine if you consider it to be a powered silky!

Still have an issue of it not wanting to "rev out" though, despite being tuned by an echo dealer, it always feels like it needs to clear it's throat!

They will have tuned it rich at the top end, does it clear up when cutting/under load ? If it does they have got it right but if it doesn't it may need weakening off a bit more but it's better running a bit rich as it will overheat and seize more easily running lean.

I have a cs280 wes and overall I'm pleased with it! It does cut very slow compared to my ms260 but to be fair it's a different league of saw. Put a smaller bar on mine, think it's a 10" or 12" from chains direct. Makes it cut a little faster. Still have an issue of it not wanting to "rev out" though, despite being tuned by an echo dealer, it always feels like it needs to clear it's throat! Overall a nice light saw and ideal for the smaller stuff, I climb with mine and it's fine if you consider it to be a powered silky!

I have the top handle version of this and have put a quarter pitch sprocket on it and modded a stihl ms150 to fit it...It flies to say the least, seriously impressive for the size of saw

I have the top handle version of this and have put a quarter pitch sprocket on it and modded a stihl ms150 to fit it...It flies to say the least, seriously impressive for the size of saw

Sounds interesting mate! Where did you get the sprocket and what size bar?

I'll try and explain the bar mod. I lined up the front of the mount groves on both bars then drilled through the echo bar into the stihl bar wit a drill bit the size of the tentioner/oiler holes on the echo bar. Next you'll need to set the stihl bar in a vice and using a slit disc on a grinder you'll need to carefully grind between the rails and above the holes you have just drilled until you meet and open up a small hole between the rails and holes you have just drilled. Hope this makes sense