Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Log sales are increasing now, was steady through summer this year & feels like it could get a bit crazy, frosts have arrived, I must NOT panic! did my first 12m3 day this week, as well as several 9m days and had a Sitka regen cutting day in Kershope forest, which was great in the sunshine but very cold, has been a busy week I suppose...

That's good Steph, i must say i struggle to keep it felled, stacked and split.

Always wish i'd done more over the summer and i wish people would buy softwood have loads of well seasoned stuff but only sold 4m last year. With money getting tight i thought the cheaper price would appeal but softwood is a dirty word!

Well I could not get any soft cord at the right price this time, I have the market for it but am going to have to move it to hard that I bought a year ago from Nick.

A

There is softwood cut and stacked everywhere here, lots still lying in the woods un-extracted. The sawlog market has dropped and biomass wasn't needed last winter. I've been told it will all go for biomass they hope this winter.

wholesale orders gone mad ! still delivering today Sunday and delivered all day Satuday and the lads were flat out everyday last week averaging 6 x 2m3 loads each day, gone mental!

everyones saying its going to be a very cold winter this year and i think with people having very little in their log store from last winter its going mental this year

just hope weve got enough , as all new customers !

alot of our customers like and are now asking specifically for larch/softwood

joy

Edited by Joy Yeomans
add