Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Oh and a mate of mine wanted to buy some logs for his sister in Gloucestershire(sp?) for xmas but the log company couldn't deliver till the new year and they couldn't fell the trees quick enough?!! He didn't order!

if he still wants logs b4 crimbo give me a shout still got lots of seasoned beech,ash,oak and sycamore about

Bought in £2k of cord last year to make sure I had enough - was a good move, sold the lot. Bought £8k in this year - haven't sold one load of it! Crap.

me thinks there are alot more selling logs this year ,every where you look theres a pickup with logs on :thumbdown:,i seem to have lost a few customers through price increase but gained alot that have had crap wood in the past and dont mind paying for good dry logs

me thinks there are alot more selling logs this year ,every where you look theres a pickup with logs on :thumbdown:,i seem to have lost a few customers through price increase but gained alot that have had crap wood in the past and dont mind paying for good dry logs

I have had the same:thumbup: when you run out of dry dont be tempted to sell wet they wont come back

HI TCD sorry to hear that mate ref your cord but it all way the way mate if you had 50 tons of cord you need 150 tons but this year there a lot more doing logs :lol:or having a go :lol:thats more like it here all the best jon

Nothing like last year. Just looked through local paper 7 adverts "Logs for sale" I'm happy ticking over as i've got no real outgoings and my main advertising is word of mouth. Still selling a nice few briquettes locally to people who've been supplied green/wet wood and cant burn it and are using them to try and burn the said wood. The cord sat in my yard is only going to get better with time and it can sit there another 12months if need be but I doubt it will. I think a nice cold Jan/Feb will get the orders in as most of the locals have been caught out now and will be willing to pay for better wood.

just had call from customer who ordered a load [1.3m3] fom me yesterday... been takin wood there on and off for prob 10 yrs... she asked how much... i said same as last yr and the yr before..... she ordered it yesterday for sat delivery and has just said can she cancel as her husband has had cheaper price from somewhere else.. i said no problem, but they have no idea how much there gettin, all they no is its a pickup load... these people live in great big house worth over 750k and they are always tryin to screw the last penny out of anything i've ever done for them... trees hedges, skips, logs... i've had enough and told her to delete my no and not ring me again.......