Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

I haven't got or need a listing in the firewood directory.

Anyone else getting enquiry after enquiry from the firewood directory ?

I took up the special offer on the directory few months back, couple of enquiries and an order but not much else.....but then dont expect much whilst this heat wave continues!!

drinking my tea then got 19 loads to do today... its so easy when there already split in a big heap.. had a 1.3 cubic metre bucket made for forklift.. can put 4 loads on my truck in less than 3 mins.. makes delivering so quick.. 19 loads and i'll be done by lunch time..., and i bet i'll get few more loads in today when they call up.. 6 old customers and rest are new ones..

nice little system there nick and thats what im building towards myself hopefully. Have all the machinery and space/buildings on the farm, just need to build customer base up over next couple of years to warrent throwing much more money at the business first.

IMO i havent really got started with the firewood yet this autumn, done couple of loads last week but farm work is still priorty at the moment. Got 20 + orders stacked up and will be making a start once i've drilled the wheat after beet this week. Must of my customers understand that I dont do much before October firewood wise.

Lots of new adverts round here boys determined to give the stuff away. Taking it easy now wait till its all gone in December then away we go.

The same here, lots of new people appearing 'having a go'! The weather isn't helping but have given out over a 50 cards within the month. The first frost will bring them in.

I haven't got or need a listing in the firewood directory.

Anyone else getting enquiry after enquiry from the firewood directory ?

I now have a customer that I have driven past his door 5 or 6 times a day for my 13 years in business and he hadn't heard I was now doing logs.

he got my number from Arbtalk.

I advertise in the local paper, have lots of sign writing but have never managed to get his attention before.

first order, £100 and that was a week after I signed up.:)

Lots of new adverts round here boys determined to give the stuff away. Taking it easy now wait till its all gone in December then away we go.

Ditto... Local press full of Ads. "Once its gone its gone" seems to be their best Ad and another is "Get it now and get it nice and dry for winter". I think that translates into "i'm selling lovely green wood thats got a real high moisture content". Cant wait for the orders to come in off the customers that brought their logs thinking they were getting a bargain!!!

Got a big party at my local tonight and have just set up 4 swedish candles in the beer garden, the people all ready there are loving them!! serious never seen grown men so excited about a few flames :) just nipped home to get more firewood flyers as the ones the pub has have already gone :)

Same here. It it sells this winter fine, if not it will be worth even more next winter !!. Got a few cube going out this week all with new stoves, I do a cube of soft and a stove and flue parts on the same load. Just a bit of a pain getting the cube into a 5 foot IFW box van. Push fit either side due to the bags expanding out.

A