New Chainsaws

David oakman

husqvarna put their saw out in the field for testing i have had several husky saws for 6 months free trial, new bars and chains and new 2 stroke and chain oil too.

I bet they never did that with the first top saw they brought out (335 I think) that was one very poorly designed saw.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always use 25-1 and never had a problem but use good oil.

It would get a bit difficult to have different mixes when your using strimmers etc as well.

Better too much lube than not enough.

Only problem with using 25:1 is you will find you'll get a drop in power, quite a large one. The engine runs much more efficiently on 50:1.

I can say the same, I always use 50:1 and have never had a problem.

As I have said many times before, a lot of the seize / picking up problems are probably caused by not warming the saw up and inducing cold seize.

You must warm your saws up from cold guys, without revving it, very important peeps :001_smile:

this oil thing is starting to do my tree in, sorry bad joke. just been on to another stihl dealer round me for some carb settings for a saw while i was on the blower i asked them what mix they use "we always use stihl oil at 25/1" is what i got and tune by ear, when i mentioned a tacho he thought i ment one for a tractor lol. i do agree that 25/1 is a bit high now so im going to 40/1 so i have a bit of a safety margin.:001_tongue:

i asked them what mix they use "we always use stihl oil at 25/1" is what i got and tune by ear,

In that case go to a dealer who knows what he is doing, some dealers don't repair they just sell. If he's giving you that sort of advise and he's an authorised dealer he should be reported to Stihl UK

Dean, thats 2 dealers round me that have said that, both pukka dealers, the one up the road i dont go to as when i asked if the had a 20" chainsaw scabbard in he had to ask what one was, then replied ohh yes a blade cover thingy!:scared1: think i must live in the wrong place for consistant advice.......i'm just gonna stick too 40/1 stihl oil and see how i go, must admit i had no problems with 50/1 stihl till last year when after 20 mins with a 64 it blew the top end, then i got worried and just went to 25/1 to cover me fat ass, but it is a bit mutch really.