MS201T loosing its virginity

josharb87

Yes the captive nut is good. But why not just make it the same size as the captive nut on the MS 261, which is the same size as the bar nut on every other Stihl saw out there? There MUST have been a good reason for the size change.

I'd actually like to see a combi spanner that fits buth old style and 201T bar nuts. Whenever I need to remove spark plug, I'd be happy to look in my car for a different spanner.

Sureley it wont be long til stihl relise it and bring out a spanner thats both old and new?

The only down side is where they put the spark plug again in an awful place thats realy fiddlily to get to. Theres making a compact saw and then there is making thing un neccasarily annoying.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep us posted on this one Josh....I was playing with the t540 xp today....and even got a "definite" on release. I was sorely tempted- to the extent that I tried to get the guy to sell me one of the three he had at the stand (at ag show in cornwall), but he said they were definitely NOT to be sold. It is a very very nice machine, about a million miles from one of those 338 things, beautifully balnced with a 14" bar, and felt very well made too:thumbup1:

My 200 is nigh on dead......just not sure if i can wait the (short) time until the husky is finally released.......that is if the timing I was assured by the rep has any relation to reality:sneaky2:

Keep us posted on this one Josh....I was playing with the t540 xp today....and even got a "definite" on release. I was sorely tempted- to the extent that I tried to get the guy to sell me one of the three he had at the stand (at ag show in cornwall), but he said they were definitely NOT to be sold. It is a very very nice machine, about a million miles from one of those 338 things, beautifully balnced with a 14" bar, and felt very well made too:thumbup1:

My 200 is nigh on dead......just not sure if i can wait the (short) time until the husky is finally released.......that is if the timing I was assured by the rep has any relation to reality:sneaky2:

Sounds impressive.:thumbup1:

I thought they were a good bit of kit when I saw them at the APF.

If husky dont deliver on this then they deserve to never, ever sell a saw again!

So then the release date is..........

Can you elaborate?

Kev, I assume the old spanner will do the bar nut but what does the larger end on the new spanner work on?

sorry nothing technical, just don't like the fact its gone bigger and p[ossibly heavier..... just going off looking at the photo comparison.....

i got a new 200t in september so it'll last a while yet :)

You can just use the old style ones for chain tension, I built my new 201 and didn't use the new spanner

THE OLD SPANNERS DO THE BAR NUTS ON THE 200T AND 201T

(and yes I know thats shouting but how many times do I need to say it!!)

Yeah, just to clarify, old style spanners will adjust the 201's chain, but the 201's spanner wont adjust stihls other saws chain:001_smile:

Unfortunatly husky have prolonged the release too much imo, the 540's build up has peaked, and going down hill now, which with their past record of toppers, they cant afford to do this. we wanted one of each to do a fair test . . .