Best seasoning/handling/delivery methods

Michael C

Nah didn't bother with a tipper. There wasn't any point really as i wanted to take 3 loads at a time so a tipper would have been no use. I also spoke to a few firewood guys and they said customers didn't like all the bark and crap they end up with when people tip them so i handball them off. Only takes 5 mins or so.

i get 3 loads at time on my transit and thatsa tipper. i too have cages all round and have 2 cages in the middle to act as a petition. the cages are hinged at the top and have a a sprung loaded shoot bolt either side at bottom of partition. open back up, tip first load, let body down, release shoot bolts, tip 2nd load, release shoot bolts tip 3rd load..if i do a double load i release bolts first before loading, that way 2 loads come out at once... i just bought a new shape transit and having cages made to take 4 loads.. its best thing i've ever done, takin 3 loads at time.. 15 loads day i was takin out 7 days week averagin 200 miles a day.. that mileage woulda doubled takin one load at a time.

i get 3 loads at time on my transit and thatsa tipper. i too have cages all round and have 2 cages in the middle to act as a petition. the cages are hinged at the top and have a a sprung loaded shoot bolt either side at bottom of partition. open back up, tip first load, let body down, release shoot bolts, tip 2nd load, release shoot bolts tip 3rd load..if i do a double load i release bolts first before loading, that way 2 loads come out at once... i just bought a new shape transit and having cages made to take 4 loads.. its best thing i've ever done, takin 3 loads at time.. 15 loads day i was takin out 7 days week averagin 200 miles a day.. that mileage woulda doubled takin one load at a time.

How do you load the transit?

Nick, you really know your stuff! Seems you have mastered all of your many ventures:thumbup:

how many m3 in your "load"?

any pics of the truck with the cages?