tracked chippers

treesandsurf

For those with experience using tracked chippers, what are the best brands or makes? I saw some smaller ones (4" maybe?) that were being discussed on another arborist forum and were made in Europe, can't remember the name?

The smaller bandit tracked chippers look pretty nice as well. This is for a property where there are hard to access areas and a small tracked chipper would be ideal.

jp:D

Can reccomend Jensen as own a 6" tracked machine...comes with varitrack...really very good...tested the same size Greenmech & TP last year & was not very impressed at all...Never tried the latest Timberwolf but the older ones were n't bad?

Get them all out and have a play...look at the back up service & ease of servicing too as they all fall to bits every 10mins

Can reccomend Jensen as own a 6" tracked machine...comes with varitrack...

Varitrack like the greenmech with a pump for each track side and which pushes at an angle, spreading the tracks AND lifts the machine, or just spreads the tracks?

we've got a 7" tracked Jensen. wouldn't have any other

i don't like the disc type blades on the greenmechs.

i've only seen the 'X' type legs on the larger machines (9")

greenmech took jensen to court a few years back to stop them using the design.

i believe jensen only made a few so you'll probably have to get greenmech if thats what you want.

best thing i ever got into debt for my jensen.

since buying it, ive never had to use a feeling bar, tirfor, or winch :thumbup:

on most of the jobs we go on, we get people coming to have a look at her.

we've even won a few jobs as i'm known locally as 'The bloke with the big tree eating thingy' :lol: